Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Honestly just contact the bank either phone them ot you can use live chat.
    http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/contact-and-support#

or look at your account online
    Will do thanks. I did find that it said ''no charges due'', and ''within overdraft limit''

I have to wait till monday to actually call them tho
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by nmudz_009)
    Will do thanks. I did find that it said ''no charges due'', and ''within overdraft limit''

I have to wait till monday to actually call them tho
    Theres an online chat facility in the link.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sternumator)
    No. Luckily I did manage to scrape the money together but 2.5k at a weeks notice wasn't very nice of them.
    Oh dear, that must have been incredibly stressful!

ReputationRep:
    Theres an online chat facility in the link.
    I've just been chatting with the guy and he said that it costs £5 per day to be in overdraft. Is that right?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by nmudz_009)
    I've just been chatting with the guy and he said that it costs £5 per day to be in overdraft. Is that right?
    Please talk HSBC they have all teh relevant details about you account and the activity on it. Ut costs £5 a day on a graudate and gap year account, student account it is free. Your bank can tell you why. If you are correctly being charged £5 a day, then if they put on chatges it wont be long before it exceeds £500 and into penalty levels. Talk to HSBC.

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/PA_esf-ca-ap...price-list.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Please talk HSBC they have all teh relevant details about you account and the activity on it. Ut costs £5 a day on a graudate and gap year account, student account it is free. Your bank can tell you why. If you are correctly being charged £5 a day, then if they put on chatges it wont be long before it exceeds £500 and into penalty levels. Talk to HSBC.

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/PA_esf-ca-ap...price-list.pdf
    Will do thanks

Though it says no charges or interest is due

And I've not been charged anything yet and ive been in overdraft for 8 days now

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.