B1110 - treason and terroism (amendment) bill 2017

Watch
This discussion is closed.
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Proposer: The Honourable SoggyCabbages MP (LAB)
Seconder: The Right Honourable QuamQuam123 MP (LAB)

TREASON AND TERROISM (AMENDMENT) BILL 2017

A Bill to add to the punishments for individuals convicted for Treason and High Treason

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

1 - Citation, Extent and Commencement

(1) This Act extends to the whole of the United Kingdom.
(2) This Act will come into force following Royal Assent.
(3) This Act will be cited as the Treason and Terroism (Amendment) Act 2016.

2: Amendment of Section 6

to be added:

(5) Any prisoner convicted will incurr a total loss of suffrage.

3: Amendment of Section 9

to be added:

(5) Any prisoner convicted will incurr a total loss of suffrage.

Notes

Spoiler:
Show

Anyone convicted of such a heinous crime as Treason or High Treason does not deserve the right to vote. Currently in real life individuals convicted of Treason lose all suffrage apart from in local elections. This amendment introduces the loss of suffrage with no exceptions.

#DestroyTheHaters

RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ugly formatting and structure, pointless policy and can't spell 'terrorism' despite referring to a previous Act that uses the correct spelling in the title.

Is this a joke?
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This bill should do absolutely nothing as traitors should be being executed, or at the very least for you softies true life.
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Ugly formatting and structure, pointless policy and can't spell 'terrorism' despite referring to a previous Act that uses the correct spelling in the title.

Is this a joke?
It's obviously an overlooked spelling mistake you plum, stop being so facetious.

Regarding the formatting, I wasn't aware that's what the point of the house was, to debate how things look. Would you like me to border my next bill with flowers to make it look pretty for you?
LifeIsFine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Is this a joke?
PRSOM, did Quamquam123 and SoggyCabbages really submit this?
If not who did?
jape
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can't vote from the dirt. Scrap this amendment and bring back the death penalty.
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I assume this is a poor attempt to parody a libertarian bill, considering QQ is the seconder (despite you not even needing one.)

Difference being, we can actually spell.

Starting to think it's become soggy sauerkraut...
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SoggyCabbages)
It's obviously an overlooked spelling mistake you plum, stop being so facetious.

Regarding the formatting, I wasn't aware that's what the point of the house was, to debate how things look. Would you like me to border my next bill with flowers to make it look pretty for you?
There's so little substantive content in this bill (and I did refer to the content) that there isn't much else to talk about except the obvious laziness of its writing.
Quamquam123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Connor27)
I assume this is a poor attempt to parody a libertarian bill, considering QQ is the seconder (despite you not even needing one.)

It's not a parody
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Meh.

Where's the field and the proper formatting at though?
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Connor27)

It's not a parody bill at all mate.

QQ agreeing with decided he wanted to second it.

The spelling is obviously a lolz but if that's really what people would rather talk about, rather than the bill, then that's pathetic.
username1899909
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aye
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I agree with removing the right to vote of those convicted, however, all prisoners should be disenfranchised as part of their punishment.
username2585877
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
nay
TheDefiniteArticle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nay. All prisoners should be able to vote.
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
I agree with removing the right to vote of those convicted, however, all prisoners should be disenfranchised as part of their punishment.
You mean they should remain disenfranchised, or did I miss the left pushing through some legislation to enfranchise them?
jape
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
Only for the duration of their punishment though. Once you've spent the conviction you're free to return to the civilized world.
BobBobson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Misspelt incur.

Would've been an aye otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Abstain

This bill looks like a joke to me poor formating and it looks kinda rushed.

Is this a joke?

Didn't you know about this bill? They are your fellow party members after all :holmes:
username2808800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just bring back the death penalty
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (183)
14.27%
I'm not sure (59)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (377)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (626)
48.83%

Watched Threads