Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Been accepted for the MSc in social and organizational psychology. Are any of you still debating over whether to go or not? Is it worth the money? I've been accepted into other good unis in Holland, and it will cost a quarter of the price of LSE (living expenses, rent, etc.), so I'm a bit torn. Opinions? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    LSE is ranked higher in the world than any Holland university: by going to a prestigious uni employers will look more favourably at you, especially if you plan to later move and work in England.

With regards to your worries about cost, think of it this way:
    Even though it will be more expensive in the short run, in the long run you will be able to get a very well paid job. Now Im not saying that Holland's unis are worse or that going to LSE guarantees you a massive salary. All universities open the door to a better job and life, the student themselves has to work hard and step through the door. But that being said, LSE will probs open more doors

And I'm also debating this, but my choice is between King's College, UCL and LSE (all cost the same XD)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by possum_box)
    LSE is ranked higher in the world than any Holland university: by going to a prestigious uni employers will look more favourably at you, especially if you plan to later move and work in England.

With regards to your worries about cost, think of it this way:
    Even though it will be more expensive in the short run, in the long run you will be able to get a very well paid job. Now Im not saying that Holland's unis are worse or that going to LSE guarantees you a massive salary. All universities open the door to a better job and life, the student themselves has to work hard and step through the door. But that being said, LSE will probs open more doors

And I'm also debating this, but my choice is between King's College, UCL and LSE (all cost the same XD)
    Definitely some food for thought. Thanks, and congrats on your acceptances!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.