Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Currently, I am studying for a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry and will graduate in June. At the moment, I've been considering doing an MSc Chemical Engineering Masters, however I'm not sure how to go about it considering the fact that I've just spent the last three years studying Chemistry and have no relevant experience that I could talk about in a personal statement.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I made a thread on this; https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4056721
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anita-573)
    Currently, I am studying for a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry and will graduate in June. At the moment, I've been considering doing an MSc Chemical Engineering Masters, however I'm not sure how to go about it considering the fact that I've just spent the last three years studying Chemistry and have no relevant experience that I could talk about in a personal statement.
    Thanks
    You don't need "relevant experience" (i.e. work in ChemEng).

You DO need to show an interest in engineering though...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anita-573)
    Thanks
    I don't think this will present an issue, on the basis that I have never heard of it being an issue before. If you have the grades you should be fine.

However, if you don't mind me asking, what are your reasons for wanting to transition from chemistry to engineering? As Doonesbury says, that might be something you may need to be able to elaborate on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.