Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello! Im Colombian and im finishing my career in medicine here, right now im in my year of practice, so the idea is that i can go next year to England, i've been reading about what i need to continue my studies in there, but i haven't found information enough, i know i must take the PLAB test, now i want to know whats next?
    1. I must do 2 foundation years? do i get paid?
    2. How hard i would be for me as Colombian? is it almost impossible?
    3. For gynaecology how's the process after the foundation years? How many years i takes?

    Sorry if is too much but i would be so glad if anyone can help me, i really need this information to start making some decisions
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    This isn't my area of expertise but just a few thoughts:

    Have you looked for any info online?
    After your MBBS here you do 2 years as a foundation doctor and then start to specialise which takes different amounts of time depending on what you want to study. Competition for jobs is fierce and I don't think there's a shortage of doctors so you may struggle to get a job and a visa. But yes you get paid.
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.