mine: at age 14/15 my "bedtime" was 9:30 pm

and I had to be home by quarter to 7

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

When i was 14 mine was 10 o'clock.
Curfew 6
Bedtime non existent
Reply 3
I have to be home by 5pm unless I have extra curricular activities (has to be relevant to school) but my "bedtime" is at around 11 so it's all good I guess
I never wanted to come home later than 10 personally, so i never had a curfew or bedtime as a teenager as i was really sensible of my own accord.
3 am
That's at 16.
Curfew, I don't have one because I'm not allowed out alone or with my mates. 😩
Bedtime, latest is like 3am if I'm doing work 🤦🏻*♀️

& you say you have strict parents.

At 14 my bedtime was 9:00pm latest. 😑
Original post by saraxh
3 am

Comedic genius
Reply 8
Never had one.
Curfew, growing up I wasn't allowed out on my own till I was 15, that was to the local shop and back. When I got older, atleast 17, then I began to go out with friends but not often and the latest was 9pm (for a meal out anyways) but usually I was never allowed out after school lol

Bedtime, my mum makes me go to bed at 10pm but lately she's fine with me not being in bed by like 2am lol since it's for studying
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by TeenRose29
That's at 16.
Curfew, I don't have one because I'm not allowed out alone or with my mates. 😩
Bedtime, latest is like 3am if I'm doing work 🤦🏻*♀️

& you say you have strict parents.

At 14 my bedtime was 9:00pm latest. 😑

:zomg:

Super strict parents you've got there.

they're keeping you too sheltered imo
Original post by ANM775
:zomg:

Super strict parents you've got there.

they're keeping you too sheltered imo

Exactly mate 😩 It's not fair. It's actually f**ked 😑
My "curfew" depended on how late it got dark and my mum is still weird with me being outside when it's black, even if it's only 6 o clock :biggrin: My bedtime was about 10 when I was 14 but I used to stay up on my phone for like an hour, and now I go to bed at 23:20 so I can get at least 8 hours of sleep as I'm more sensible and don't particularly like being tired first thing in the morning
Reply 13
Original post by Rhythmical
Curfew, growing up I wasn't allowed out on my own till I was 15, that was to the local shop and back. When I got older, atleast 17, then I began to go out with friends but not often and the latest was 9pm (for a meal out anyways) but usually I was never allowed out after school lol

Bedtime, my mum makes me go to bed at 10pm but lately she's fine with me not being in bed by like 2am lol since it's for studying

parents are definitely more protective/concerned these days.

when my mum was aged 7 she used to walk herself home from school to an empty house, she had her own key and everything.

and apparently this sort of thing wasn't really that abnormal back then.

these days it would be seen as child abuse
Bed was 10.

No curfew 'cause I've always lived in the countryside so there was no point in me going out at night anyway unless I fancied stealing somebody's cows.
Original post by ANM775
parents are definitely more protective/concerned these days.

when my mum was aged 7 she used to walk herself home from school to an empty house, she had her own key and everything.

and apparently this sort of thing wasn't really that abnormal back then.

these days it would be seen as child abuse

I agree, when my sisters were 11, they were allowed to go out more than me and it was never the same for me growing up. But also, I do believe children were a lot more street smart then, having been familiar with the outdoors as opposed to kids now who are addicted to technology.
No bed time but if I got caught awake at ungodly hours then theres a problem

Curfew also, I have to tell my parents exactly where I go plus a bunch of details (bus route/time/friends/friends numbers) It's actually crazy :colonhash: I'm still not allowed certain places

Beat that for super strict parents 😩
Never had a bedtime and certainly not a curfew.
If I was still awake at 10 or 11 my parents might mention that it'd be a good idea to sleep soon but they weren't pushy with it :smile:
Never really had one.
Reply 19
Never had one, my parents taught me to be self disciplined, some nights 2am was okay other nights I could get in trouble at 8pm for them it was always about communication and being back when I was needed/for plans. As for bed time, I set myself a bedtime and my parents will usually keep me up so... not sure who makes the rules in my family but it certainly isn't my parents.

Quick Reply

Latest