Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of Valentines Day? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Lol someone I was talking to once told me about how her parents would treat her on Valentine's Day and give her tonnes of little gifts - quite cute tbh
    awww thats so sweet!!! my parents go out for dinner and leave me to babysit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    So I was scrolling through fb today as you do, and came across a few memes based around Valentines Day…...

I wanted to ask- how do these memes make you feel? Whatever your relationship status is?

And what do you think about the day as a whole?

for me the memes annoy me! they just point out the lonely-ness

I personally think day itself is quite cute considering I’m an old fashioned romantic (I try not to tell too many people- because they think it’s cringy and soppy :cry2: ) but never have done anything for it….but i think its a nice way of spending time with someone you love and having that one special day just for each other? :blush:

what about you lot?
    What kinds of memes did you come across?

They don't really bother me, not that I've really seen many haha.

For couples, it's alright as long as it's they don't go overboard with it
    For single people I can't imagine it having too much of an effect, but I can understand why it does for some people.
    I've never really done anything major for the purpose of that date though and it's never impacted me tbh

Ahh Squirrel, it's all out in the open now:ahee:
    I see your point and that's true, but an anniversary could be that same special day?:dontknow:
    ^Just a thought
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    By proving, you mean spending on?
    A combination of that and putting on some big bulls*** production that makes her think you went through a lot of effort to impress her, which basically is just spending money again but yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainyBengali)
    A day created by the consumer industry to stimulate profits on a particular, set day of the year. :date:

Meh
    EDGY
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    [Russian Accent]

Comrade, Valentine Day is just capitalist mess the fat Western Americans made to get more money.

Think of it, comrade. For 364 days a year you do the nothing and then this ONE day you think "oh ho ho, it is the valentine day. I should now do the buying!"

Then you go to the Tesco, buy Tesco Value chocolate and be like

"Here you are the, Honey. This is good chocolate from the French."

She be like "oh thank you hubby" and then when eat "BLEH THIS IS TESCO VALUE CRAP."

So off you go to some rich fancy store and be like "hello, my girl does not like Tesco Value chocolate. Is expensive chocolate here?"

So then you spend your life savings on a bunch of stupid chocolate, you try one and it taste just like Tesco Value "crap".

You give it to girl, be like "here Honey." But guess what? You're not hubby anymore, because it is now 15 February.

And then you find out, the expensive chocolate is the Tesco chocolate, just rebranded.

Evil West making money of relationships.

Valentines day is just a day like any other (for me)
      and a day i spend with chocolate

For the past few years Valentine's Day is a pretty boring day just enhances the fact your single but this year I've got a bf and excited to celebrate it together 😌😌😌

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Matrix123)
      What kinds of memes did you come across?

They don't really bother me, not that I've really seen many haha.

For couples, it's alright as long as it's they don't go overboard with it
      For single people I can't imagine it having too much of an effect, but I can understand why it does for some people.
      I've never really done anything major for the purpose of that date though and it's never impacted me tbh

Ahh Squirrel, it's all out in the open now:ahee:
      I see your point and that's true, but an anniversary could be that same special day?:dontknow:
      ^Just a thought
      Posted from TSR Mobile
      I know what you mean!!!!

Ahaha shhhhh!!
      Yes!! Definately!! Anniversarys are ALOT more special! :yep::mmm:

ReputationRep:
      V.D is the *****est day of the year for people who are unloved.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by the bear)
      V.D is the *****est day of the year for people who are unloved.
      But......bear........I love you :blush::hugs:

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.