Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is my Heart Rate too high for an 18 year old girl Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm an 18 year old girl who weighs around 64kg, I'm quite tall (5ft 8.5) and I regularly exercise. Today i found out that my heart rate is around 80...

Should I be concerned about this? I would say that I'm quite fit, I mainly do workouts, so not much cardio...

I'm also quite lanky as well, and my BMI is average, so why is my heart rate so high! I have a 25 year old brother whos heart rate is 65! Is it because he does Rugby? Should I do more running?

(I don't smoke either)

Please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenBobby)
    Hi, I'm an 18 year old girl who weighs around 64kg, I'm quite tall (5ft 8.5) and I regularly exercise. Today i found out that my heart rate is around 80...

Should I be concerned about this? I would say that I'm quite fit, I mainly do workouts, so not much cardio...

I'm also quite lanky as well, and my BMI is average, so why is my heart rate so high! I have a 25 year old brother whos heart rate is 65! Is it because he does Rugby? Should I do more running?

Please help!
    No, it should be between 50 and 90. https://sites.google.com/site/glasgo...ing-news-chart

ReputationRep:
    its not.stop panicking and it will come down. try relaxation training you can reduce your rate by just breathing and thinking relaxing thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    Normal heart rates can range from 60-90 bpm so I don't think it's anything to worry about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenBobby)

(I don't smoke either)

Please help!
    Normal heart rate is actually 60 - 100bpm. You're fine.

The reason your brother's resting heart rate is lower is because he engages in cardiovascular training, and as such, has a more efficient cardiovascular system and body. His body can deliver more oxygen, and needs less oxygen to operate. Yours is more unhealthy than his.

If you want a lower resting heart rate, incorporate cardio into your workout regime. You really should be doing cardio anyway. Weight training without cardio is dumb - they go hand in hand.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh doing 30-60mins of daily jogging/brisk walking/sports will work wonders

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.