Chance me/Opinions??

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I applied for the IB program and personally think it's a good program for me. The school that I'm applying to does not have an entrance exam (Turner Fenton SS in Ontario).All you have to do is submit your Grade 7 final report card results, your Grade 8 progress report card, and answer 2 questions.1. Choose one IB learning profile characteristic that best describes you.Explain why. 2. How are you going to make the world a better place? (not exact question) I believe that my responses were one of the best paragraphs I wrote in my life, so I'm not worried about them. I mentioned that I recently came in second place in my provincial spelling bee, and hopefully, that'll help me out.

I'm worried about my Grade 7 final report card ruining things for me. Last year, due to my horrible math/sci/homeroom teacher, I got a 75% average in math (I've been getting straight A's in math for my whole life) and a 71% in science (I have gotten better grades in science, but it's not one of my strongest subjects) the rest of my marks were all 80's and up (except for drama) and were especially good in Language and History/Geography and French. My homeroom/sci/math teacher also burdened me with G's (only 2 E's) in the learning skills category. (I've been getting E's my whole life) My Grade 8 progress report card is amazing though, (progressing VERY well in everything but drama) and so are my learning skills (all excellent).

So do you think I at least have a fair chance of getting accepted? Also, what do you think they will look more closely at? (Grade 7 Final Report Card, Grade 8 Progress Report Card or my application?) Any answers will be greatly appreciated as I am stressing over this way more than I should be. Thanks!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 29, 2017
TSR Support Team
Today on TSR
Poll
What is your favourite pancake topping?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.