Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Nobody wants to be my friend watch

Announcements

Nobody cares about me no matter how much time I've spent with them... eventually, they all ignore me in the end. I give, give and give and I always get nothing in return. People treat me like I'm worthless or a criminal. No one has any respect for me, especially women, who did nothing but ignore and bully me like I'm an animal.

I don't understand why, no has ever complained about my behavior or my looks yet I'm treated worse than the elephant man.

I just want to scream "I'm not an animal, I'm a human being" to them

ReputationRep:
    I'll be your friend :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Do some self reflection instead of feeling sorry for yourself. I'm not saying it's your fault but it could be, taking a long hard look at yourself before judging those around you may be beneficial.

ReputationRep:
    Learn to be independent and strong by yourself.

Once people see that you're succeeding, then they'll talk to you

Being friends with people is overrated to me sometimes. Yes i have friends, but i feel like im not doing enough things with them or engaging with them and i really hate it when i have to go outside with them. I prefer to be on my own because that way i dont get hassled

I've got the same problem, I just don't know how to make friends, I think its a largely genetic thing and I'm pretty introverted. I can talk to people ok and can make aquainteances but I never really broach the division into friendship. Its a serious flaw of mine. That said I think I rarely feel a want to spend time with someone finding out about them and I think this is where the problem may lie at least in part perhaps. I've got a pretty strong interest in learning something or other at various points in time in my life and currently have a subject I hold a particualar strong interest in. So perhaps I put this first and don't really put the emphasis on people that I need to. Some people are of course better speakers, personality, more outgoing, lively, etc naturally, I am not. But then that's me, I'm not sure whether its similar for you?

ReputationRep:
    I get this.

I am socially awkward and shy. I think people have less time for others these days. I'm not naturally good in conversation. Most people gravitate to people who aren't me it's true.

If your shy or socially anxious this could be the reason. There are ways of dealing with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Nobody cares about me no matter how much time I've spent with them... eventually, they all ignore me in the end. I give, give and give and I always get nothing in return. People treat me like I'm worthless or a criminal. No one has any respect for me, especially women, who did nothing but ignore and bully me like I'm an animal.

I don't understand why, no has ever complained about my behavior or my looks yet I'm treated worse than the elephant man.

I just want to scream "I'm not an animal, I'm a human being" to them
    don't worry people do want to be ur friend. im here if you wanna talk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.