Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm happy to see that Trump and May still retain that magic relationship.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm pleased to see that Mr president trump and mrs prime minister still retain that spark of magic, that Tony Blair and Bush jnr started, all those years ago!

Name:  holdinghands2.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  43.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I agree. Obama wanted nothing to do with us because of his hatred for the Western world, but now Trump's in we can start making good deals with the US again.

Of course, this is partly thanks to Brexit. Now we don't have the EU to deal with we're free to make deals with who we want, when we want, and the US is rightly top of the list.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure Maggie and Reagan were the originals? I think Trump wants this trade deal because not only can and will it define his legacy but it'll be written in history as a defining moment. It's seriously the chance for the UK and US to become the dominant force in global affairs again, a status that was lost under Bush and buried by Obama (as much i like the guy, his foreign policy was awful).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Len Goodman)
    Yes, I agree. Obama wanted nothing to do with us because of his hatred for the Western world, but now Trump's in we can start making good deals with the US again.

Of course, this is partly thanks to Brexit. Now we don't have the EU to deal with we're free to make deals with who we want, when we want, and the US is rightly top of the list.
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Pretty sure Maggie and Reagan were the originals? I think Trump wants this trade deal because not only can and will it define his legacy but it'll be written in history as a defining moment. It's seriously the chance for the UK and US to become the dominant force in global affairs again, a status that was lost under Bush and buried by Obama (as much i like the guy, his foreign policy was awful).
    No need to get all serious on me there guys. I just love the pictures of the two of them together. Really, they should get a room!?

ReputationRep:
    Yet, one of the first questions that the media asked was how they got along considering they have such different personalities and are literally opposites. Well, I guess opposites attract.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably crap, but I read that Trump suffers from a fear of steep slopes and staircases. That, coupled with his alleged germophobia, might have compelled him to hold the Prime Minister's hand as they went down a staircase around the corner.

Again, no idea how true that is. But I like the mental image. It makes him seem more human.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    No need to get all serious on me there guys. I just love the pictures of the two of them together. Really, they should get a room!?
    I was thinking the same, I felt a little... turned on when he grabbed Her by the metacarpus huba huba :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    No trade deal with the US can match the scale of the trade that we do through the EU single market. The EU is a far bigger trading partner for us than the USA is. Theresa May is just cozying up to the new Commander-in-chief in order to gain his support for a deal but it's never going to replace what we will lose by leaving the EU and the single market.

ReputationRep:
    rather sycophantic trump arse-kissing by May in realty. nothing more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    Yet, one of the first questions that the media asked was how they got along considering they have such different personalities and are literally opposites. Well, I guess opposites attract.
    (Original post by jape)
    It's probably crap, but I read that Trump suffers from a fear of steep slopes and staircases. That, coupled with his alleged germophobia, might have compelled him to hold the Prime Minister's hand as they went down a staircase around the corner.

Again, no idea how true that is. But I like the mental image. It makes him seem more human.
    I was thinking the same, I felt a little... turned on when he grabbed Her by the metacarpus huba huba :hubba:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    No trade deal with the US can match the scale of the trade that we do through the EU single market. The EU is a far bigger trading partner for us than the USA is. Theresa May is just cozying up to the new Commander-in-chief in order to gain his support for a deal but it's never going to replace what we will lose by leaving the EU and the single market.
    (Original post by Reformed)
    rather sycophantic trump arse-kissing by May in realty. nothing more
    It is good to laugh, at our leaders

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. If the idiots of this country didn't pull us out of our largest market then we wouldn't have to submit to leaders like Trump and Putin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mandem67)
    Exactly. If the idiots of this country didn't pull us out of our largest market then we wouldn't have to submit to leaders like Trump and Putin.
    Oh brilliant, we'd just submit to people like Juncker and Verhofstadt.

Christ on a bike. It's almost like you need to cooperate with people to get along in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, why are you the way you are? Why can't you be optimistic and stop being a kill joy? She just met the president, he and his stuff run the country! Leaders of the free world. And here you are talking about the EU as if they aren't hatin from outside the club. Theresa will get us a trade deal, it's not hard to get a trade deal with the EU it's only hard for them to approve it because each parliament has to approve it otherwise we're good to go! The only issue is services but oh well, seeing homeless bankers is something I have dreamed of at night. And guess what?? We won't have to deal with the constant mass immigration that's just overloading our infrastructure, we can put limits on immigration, introduce a selective process, loosen immigration policies on other countries, you my friend are stuck in the past. You've been brainwashed by the remain campaign that the EU is the only way forward... not even they believe that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beale undo)
    piss off you are the troll here loser
    stop the personal attacks thanks.

ReputationRep:
    stop the personal attacks thanks.
    stop posting crap thanks

ReputationRep:
    Why do I feel like so many fan fictions about these two will end up surfacing.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, why are you the way you are? Why can't you be optimistic and stop being a kill joy? She just met the president, he and his stuff run the country! Leaders of the free world. And here you are talking about the EU as if they aren't hatin from outside the club. Theresa will get us a trade deal, it's not hard to get a trade deal with the EU it's only hard for them to approve it because each parliament has to approve it otherwise we're good to go! The only issue is services but oh well, seeing homeless bankers is something I have dreamed of at night. And guess what?? We won't have to deal with the constant mass immigration that's just overloading our infrastructure, we can put limits on immigration, introduce a selective process, loosen immigration policies on other countries, you my friend are stuck in the past. You've been brainwashed by the remain campaign that the EU is the only way forward... not even they believe that.
    You're the one who is brainwashed. You're right that we can easily negotiate a trade deal with the US but it's impossible for us to trade enough with the US tariff-free to make up for the tariff-free trade we lose out on by leaving the EU single market.

And financial services isn't just 'bankers'. The industry is the largest in the UK economy and employs over a million people, most of whom aren't especially rich and privileged. The industry is vital to the country and it relies on easy access to the single market.

Immigration can bring problems but it has also brought economic growth and filled skills gaps. People overstate the problems of immigration- it's really not as bad for our country as it is said to be by the UKIP and Trump types. As well as this, more immigrants come from outside the EU than from it. Immigration isn't the real problem- the problem is a lack of the right education being provided. Our country's workers need to adjust to the new industries of the future and retrain, not just blame it on the immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    stop posting crap thanks
    what is crap about this thread?

ReputationRep:
    general bs like all your threads
    if you don't like them, try not reading them okay>? Not everyone is so critical about my threads, in fact i even get in to some interesting discussions here, THANKS!

ReputationRep:
    if you don't like them, try not reading them okay>? Not everyone is so critical about my threads, in fact i even get in to some interesting discussions here, THANKS!
    but most people think you are trolling

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.