The Student Room Group

I'm sick of being disabled

I'm sick of being physically disabled. I can't hide it, I can't do anything about it and it's making me hate myself and life in general.

I know I'm not the worst off but I'm at the end of my rope.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm sick of being physically disabled. I can't hide it, I can't do anything about it and it's making me hate myself and life in general.

Awww! I'm sorry you feel like this! Is there any reason you feel like that? Has anyone'seen words/actions affected you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2

Doesn't matter if some people have it worse- you have every right to find your situation difficult.

Have you considered joining some sort of support group or seeing a therapist? Hopefully something like that can help you see past your struggles and find ways to work with your disability and enjoy life. A doctor may be able to give you some suggestions and guide you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by TheTeresaLover
Awww! I'm sorry you feel like this! Is there any reason you feel like that? Has anyone'seen words/actions affected you?

I've gone years thinking that I don't care about my disability, that no one notices or cares. But I must have been lying to myself, and ignoring when I do care. Burying all the negative effects to the point where it's too much
Reply 4
Original post by Kindred
Doesn't matter if some people have it worse- you have every right to find your situation difficult.

Have you considered joining some sort of support group or seeing a therapist? Hopefully something like that can help you see past your struggles and find ways to work with your disability and enjoy life. A doctor may be able to give you some suggestions and guide you.

I've tried therapy and counselling but it doesn't help. I don't feel comfortable talking to friends or family let alone strangers, hence why I made this post annonymous.
I just wish I knew someone who had the same disability but because it's pretty rare, I've never heard of anyone, let alone met anyone with it
Reply 5
I've tried therapy and counselling but it doesn't help. I don't feel comfortable talking to friends or family let alone strangers, hence why I made this post annonymous.
I just wish I knew someone who had the same disability but because it's pretty rare, I've never heard of anyone, let alone met anyone with it

Maybe you could try to find somebody online? Or at least people who might be able to relate. I'm sure it must be really difficult going through something like this, especially when it's uncommon so there aren't many people who are going through the same. But please keep hanging in there and trying to find something that will help you. You deserve to be happy, even in your situation.

Quick Reply

Latest