The OP said that a muslim who kills a muslim is not a muslim XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LisaNikita)
    No true Scotsman fallacy, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but that point you just made is ludicrous. Are you seriously comparing skin colour to religion??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asiangcse)
    I'm sorry but that point you just made is ludicrous. Are you seriously comparing skin colour to religion??
    Petty.
    Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth are both Christians, yet one killed the other. Does that make her not Christian?

ReputationRep:
    Petty.
    Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth are both Christians, yet one killed the other. Does that make her not Christian?
    What was petty about my reply? When did I suggest it wouldn't make her christian? You like putting words in other people's mouths don't you? Again, you can't compare skin colour to religion, they're totally different things.

ReputationRep:
    What was petty about my reply? When did I say it wouldn't make her christian? You like putting words in other people's mouths don't you? Again, you can't compare skin colour to religion, they're totally different things.
    I didn't do that though. This is about Christianity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marianade)
    Why do people call us terrorists
    anyone who kills is not a muslim and isis kills more muslims than non-muslims. They arent muslim they just want to ruin our reputation.
    Response to the islamic negative view thread
    Yes because the whole reason for ISIS' existence is to ruin Muslims' reputation. Lol, you're so deluded and self-centred that you think that a whole organisation will be set up just for ruining your reputation. What's even funnier is that a lot of Muslims think this way. No, ISIS are Muslims. You don't get to decide what religion they are, just like they don't get to decide what religion you are. Look up the "No True Scotsman fallacy" if you still don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    Petty.
    Why do you want to be arabic if you do not want to be a muslim

ReputationRep:
    Most muslims aren't terrorists, but most terrorists are muslims. Sad truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Because unfortunately the media has brainwashed them into thinking that.
    It's funny how a user on that thread said he had a negative view/feelings of Muslims but couldn't explain why. It also got a lot of reps.
    If that isn't the definition of brainwashed then I don't know what is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the media brainwashed us into thinking islamic terrorism was islamic?

essentially over a billion muslims have been brainwashed by mohammed. at least our brainwashing is contemporary. there is no excuse to still be brainwashed by propganda from the 8th century. 21st century brits for example, dont still think the test for a witch is to dink them in water.

i think its obvious that guys negative feelings can be traced back to edicts from islam he has heard about, not necessarrily due to any specific muslim

ReputationRep:
    anyone who kills is not a muslim and isis kills more muslims than non-muslims. They arent muslim they just want to ruin our reputation.
    INB4 - mohammed killed lots of people - he wasnt a muslim i assume now?

Abu Bakr killed muslim and non-muslim alike - again another non muslim?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    This is why:

Note numbers 1-4

It's the choice of being part of a completely illogical, regressive group that is responsible for most of the death in the terrorist incidents around the world today, and a very significant portion of the deaths in all conflicts.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for showing you can screenshot a page, but that doesn't answer my question to why you think it's common sense to have negative views of muslims? And that verse you're quoting relates to the story of Abu sufiyan and the idol worshipers who went to exterminate the muslims after the battle of Uhud, but Allah casted fear in their hearts, preventing them from the killings of muslims, not to do with regular muslims like myself striking fear to the people around us.
    well we can all continue this back- tracking of context even further- why did the arab pagan seek to kill the muslims? because mohammed and his army had been attempting to conquer meccas ruling tribes and already taken control of medina- and had been conducting raids on its supply caravans, trying to starve the meccan inhabitants.

ReputationRep:
    Could you elaborate how you think it's common sense? I'm intrigued to why you may think that.
    Ignore her she's a troll. I asked her a question on the other thread and she couldn't respond. Now she's posted half a verse of Quran which doesn't even match it's translation :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Muslim. However, it saddens me to see unwarranted hatred towards Islam. I believe this ridiculous idea that all Muslims are terrorists stems from the fact that it easier to blame a specific group of people, rather than accepting that terrorists are individuals, who have made a personal choice. This is also why Trump's immigration policy will never be effective! The problem is that these individuals frequently use religion to justify their methods, whether it be through a religious text or a radical preacher (even if this may be a complete misinterpretation of the ideology). As has been said many a time, these individuals are the ones who give a religion a bad name. It's idealistic, but when people understand this, hopefully, more of us will be able to live in peace

ReputationRep:
    America/Israel are the terrorists. Clinton Foundation is a death cult

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=years101;69828850]Agreed. Its pretty sad a lot of people hold negative views when muslims are taught to be the kindest people and respect all.[/QUOTE]

Is this sarcasm?

ReputationRep:
    so many people on this thread are baing complatley delusional. yes the origional poster did state then isis are not really muslims which is clearly ********. but there are also people that are posting verses from the quaran without any context in order to make it seem like islam is a religion of hate and indoctrination. islam as a whole is in many ways no less or more violent than any of the other main religions including christianity. I therefore think it is complatly unfair to blame all the followers of one of the largest religions in the world for the mistakes of individuals who happen to use that religion as an excuse for their actions. when the IRA, an organinization composed mainly of catholics, caused so much trouble for the people of britain back in the time of the troubles back in the 70s and 80s you didnt see evrybody blaming the entire catholic community for attacks carried out by these individuals. the sad fact of the matter is that most muslims are not terrorists but the majority of modern terrosrist have been muslims but the answer to this is not to discriminate against the religion but instead realize that these actions were not carried out by the muslim community but by evil individuals using muslim ideology as an excuse for their malevolent actions.

ReputationRep:
    ISIS is not an Islamic organisation at least somewhat coherent with traditionalistic/conservative Islamic values? TIL.

ReputationRep:
    I know, its ridiculous really, they just need someone to blame for their own insecurities. Don't let it get you down, i'm sure you don't deserve their rubbish.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.