Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marianade)
    Why do people call us terrorists
    anyone who kills is not a muslim and isis kills more muslims than non-muslims. They arent muslim they just want to ruin our reputation.
    Response to the islamic negative view thread
    Isis are Muslims.They kill other Muslims because they do not regard those other Muslims to be true Muslims.Just because they follow a more literal interpretation of the Quran does not mean they are not Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, Muslims aren't terrorists. However, Islam is a terrible religion, and it seems to be in the stage that Christinaity was in a few hundred years ago. The media doesn't paint Islam as bad, considering they actively try and push the ideas that we should allow refugees into Britain and doesn't cover the Muslim rape gangs. Though, I think the real terrorists are the 'Land of the Free' United States of America.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ward47)
    so many people on this thread are baing complatley delusional. yes the origional poster did state then isis are not really muslims which is clearly ********. but there are also people that are posting verses from the quaran without any context in order to make it seem like islam is a religion of hate and indoctrination. islam as a whole is in many ways no less or more violent than any of the other main religions including christianity. I therefore think it is complatly unfair to blame all the followers of one of the largest religions in the world for the mistakes of individuals who happen to use that religion as an excuse for their actions. when the IRA, an organinization composed mainly of catholics, caused so much trouble for the people of britain back in the time of the troubles back in the 70s and 80s you didnt see evrybody blaming the entire catholic community for attacks carried out by these individuals. the sad fact of the matter is that most muslims are not terrorists but the majority of modern terrosrist have been muslims but the answer to this is not to discriminate against the religion but instead realize that these actions were not carried out by the muslim community but by evil individuals using muslim ideology as an excuse for their malevolent actions.
    The IRA are /were mostly made up of Catholics in name only. A very sizeable section of them didn't believe in God at all. They were not killing in the name of Catholicism or Christianity. They didn't go around quoting from The Bible before shooting a policeman or soldier, or reciting ten Hail Mary's with their Rosary Beads. Muslim terrorists; their religion is at the very core and heart of everything they are and everything they do, almost every minute of every day i'd imagine. Are Muslims not taught to think this way and to praise Allah at every waking moment of their lives?

ReputationRep:
    The problem nowadays is more than 'Muslims are terrorists' blah blah blah. Sure, not all muslims are terrorists, but the major terrorists stem from Islamic belief.

The problem that has branched out from terrorism is these radicalized muslims trying to implement Sharia Law in the West.

People don't want that law here. The intentions of ISIS are far more than just causing harm to the West. They want us to become like them.

People here don't want that. Like, why the hell do we want to live under a law which will pretty much be the death of homosexuals for example?

This Sharia Law mindset is what makes these terrorists. It needs to be kept well away from our society here.

Muslims in the West with a sane mind will also agree and say that it needs to GTFO.

ReputationRep:
    We really need to stop identifying a persons actions by their religion/race and rather by the people themselves. Those who say the Quran is corrupt need to also look to the Bible and the Torah. All of these Abrahimic religions are extremely similar in their teachings and I promise you there are some very very corrupt bible stories, yet we all seem to turn a blind eye if they are mentioned. Don't give me the whole 'yeah because there are no christian terrorists'. Yes there are and there certainly were in the past, the IRA, the KKK, and they may not exist to that extent but these people are still causing a great influence today, like the KKK still has an influence in America. At the end of the day, there is such thing as Muslim terrorists, and there is such thing as non-muslim terrorists, but the backlash for muslim's now is far more severe for then than when the IRA or KKK were in large numbers. a whole majority was not blamed for what a minority caused. I wonder why that is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Because unfortunately the media has brainwashed them into thinking that.
    It's funny how a user on that thread said he had a negative view/feelings of Muslims but couldn't explain why. It also got a lot of reps.
    If that isn't the definition of brainwashed then I don't know what is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We are brainwashed by "the media"? I don't think that the BBC, the Guardian or the Independent say anything bad about Muslims (considering that they even think that Muslims are a chance for the West).

What should we say about the brainwashing of Muslims then? They have been taught to believe in fairy tales since their early childhood, without any kind of choice or free will; many girls are even sheltered from non-Muslims all their life. If that's not brainwashing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LisaNikita)
    Taqiyya, and yes it is
    whether it is or not it still doesn't mean that you should believe it
    Most Muslims would never do such awful things. and all religions have done awful things in the name of religion at some point. You need to learn to accept this. You personally may want to consider accepting other people to, i've seen your hate in other places to, maybe calm down? Muslims should be accepted as people, not aliens, as you seem to be speaking of them as.

ReputationRep:
    Muslims aren't terrorists, but most terrorist's 'claim' to be Muslim, that's why there's judgement. Isn't there variants of the Quran?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    We are brainwashed by "the media"? I don't think that the BBC, the Guardian or the Independent say anything bad about Muslims (considering that they even think that Muslims are a chance for the West).

What should we say about the brainwashing of Muslims then? They have been taught to believe in fairy tales since their early childhood, without any kind of choice or free will; many girls are even sheltered from non-Muslims all their life. If that's not brainwashing...
    Thank you for absolutely destroying this Deluded individual

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the statement however switch Muslim and terrorist round , get rid of not and it makes sense .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    They aren't going to respond to you. The amount of times I've seen this guy post and then run back to the ISOC when people challenge his beliefs is embarrassing.
    She's a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    She's a girl.
    Noted, point still stands though.

ReputationRep:
    That is what ISIS want. To cause segregation of muslims which leads to isolation which leads to extremism which guess what leads to people following isis take the trump travel ban it causes some muslims to feel hated which leads them to hate which leads them to extremeism.

ReputationRep:
    Quran 5:53 says, “… whoso kills a soul, unless it be for murder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and he who saves a life, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind"

In Islam, if you murder someone (unless you kill them in regards to death penalty for murder or rape) it is as though you have murdered all of mankind. Murder is not accepted in Islam. There are verses about the death of disbelievers but this is in the context of war. War in Islam is only allowed in cases of Just War, where no innocent civilians are killed (because if you do kill an innocent you will go to hell), where all prisoners are given humane treatment on both sides, and with minimum necessary force. ISIS are not doing this. They are in no way following Islamic teachings. Can any of you who believe that ISIS are Muslims and Muslims have a terrorist mindset please respond with a verse of the Quran which tells me that ISIS are doing as the Quran tells them?

ReputationRep:
    Right guys lets play a little game...

Im gunna write a word and you're gunna say out loud the FIRST thing that comes to your head.

Let's begin:

1) Love

2) College

2) Mistake

4) Celebrity

5) Terrorists

Let me know what you thought of for each word

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heroic hero)
    Right guys lets play a little game...

Im gunna write a word and you're gunna say out loud the FIRST thing that comes to your head.

Let's begin:

1) Love

2) College

2) Mistake

4) Celebrity

5) Terrorists

Let me know what you thought of for each word
    The first thing that came into my head when i read 'mistake' was you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibbyyyyy)
    Thank you so much for this complement
    And thanks for being the first to play the game! 😁👍🏻

ReputationRep:
    In Islam, you are only allowed to kill people during wars. That's what wars are. There were over 17,000,000 deaths in world war 1 and over 60,000,000 in world war 2. ISIS are killing people OUTSIDE of war, which is forbidden. They claim to be fighting the 'disbelievers', but you can't simply form a group and wage war on anybody you want. ISIS have killed many muslims in various attacks. In Nice, the truck driver murdered some muslim children. Is that Islamic? Here are some verses that ISIS are clearly not following:

“God does not forbid you to be kind and equitable to those who have neither fought against your faith nor driven you out of your homes. In fact God loves the equitable.” Qur’an:60:8

“If they withdraw from you but fight you not, and (instead) send you (guarantees of) peace, then God hath opened no way for you (to war against them)” (4:90);

“You cannot guide those you would like to but God guides those He wills. He has best knowledge of the guided.” (Holy Quran/28: 56) - You can't force people into Islam.

"Indeed, Prayer prohibits immorality and wrongding" – Al Quran 29:45

"He who kills a soul unless it be (in legal punishment) for murder or for causing disorder and corruption on the earth will be as if he had killed all humankind; and he who saves a life will be as if he had saved the lives of all humankind." (Qur'an 5:32).

ReputationRep:
    In Islam, you are only allowed to kill people during wars. That's what wars are. There were over 17,000,000 deaths in world war 1 and over 60,000,000 in world war 2. ISIS are killing people OUTSIDE of war, which is forbidden. They claim to be fighting the 'disbelievers', but you can't simply form a group and wage war on anybody you want. ISIS have killed many muslims in various attacks. In Nice, the truck driver murdered some muslim children. Is that Islamic? Here are some verses that ISIS are clearly not following:

“God does not forbid you to be kind and equitable to those who have neither fought against your faith nor driven you out of your homes. In fact God loves the equitable.” Qur’an:60:8

“If they withdraw from you but fight you not, and (instead) send you (guarantees of) peace, then God hath opened no way for you (to war against them)” (4:90);

“You cannot guide those you would like to but God guides those He wills. He has best knowledge of the guided.” (Holy Quran/28: 56) - You can't force people into Islam.

"Indeed, Prayer prohibits immorality and wrongding" – Al Quran 29:45

"He who kills a soul unless it be (in legal punishment) for murder or for causing disorder and corruption on the earth will be as if he had killed all humankind; and he who saves a life will be as if he had saved the lives of all humankind." (Qur'an 5:32).
    Why would i listen to you after you said this ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex.anne)
    Quran 5:53 says, “… whoso kills a soul, unless it be for murder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and he who saves a life, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind"

In Islam, if you murder someone (unless you kill them in regards to death penalty for murder or rape) it is as though you have murdered all of mankind. Murder is not accepted in Islam. There are verses about the death of disbelievers but this is in the context of war. War in Islam is only allowed in cases of Just War, where no innocent civilians are killed (because if you do kill an innocent you will go to hell), where all prisoners are given humane treatment on both sides, and with minimum necessary force. ISIS are not doing this. They are in no way following Islamic teachings. Can any of you who believe that ISIS are Muslims and Muslims have a terrorist mindset please respond with a verse of the Quran which tells me that ISIS are doing as the Quran tells them?
    Can you give me your definition for "wreaking corruption in the land"? because I think it can be pretty much anything.

ISIS simply say that their enemies are spreading corruption in the land, so it is OK to kill them.

The answer to your question is in the quote you provided...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.