Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aminoff)
    Arabic is a language lmao
    yea she claimed she was 'arabic' on the other thread l0l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epoddoulc)
    Tabari 7:97 The morning after the murder of Ashraf, the Prophet declared, “Kill any Jew who falls under your power.” Ashraf was a poet, killed by Muhammad’s men because he insulted Islam. Here, Muhammad widens the scope of his orders to kill. An innocent Jewish businessman was then slain by his Muslim partner, merely for being non-Muslim.

Tabari 9:69 “Killing Unbelievers is a small matter to us” The words of Muhammad, prophet of Islam.
    This story is FABRICATED.
    The only place you can find this online is on islamic hate pages. I have read Tabari volume 7, this is really just not true. Please don't believe everything you read on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex.anne)
    The only place you can find this online is on islamic hate pages. I have read Tabari volume 7, this is really just not true. Please don't believe everything you read on the internet.
    Taqqiya in action?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Well, that is a pretty long list... So it seems that killing people in peacetime is perfectly allowed in many, many cases.

It doesn't make Islam better. And the laws in the West has evolved from Christianity, it is not based on a religious code for several centuries.

I'm also concerned about the death for apostasy thing, or death for adultery (really?), or death for anything since I am against the death penalty.

(Nowadays, the overwhelming majority of Western Christians do not think that gays should be killed.)
    I also disagree with the death penalty. And, yes I know it does not make Islam any better. Are you not concerned about the death for disobeying parents? The laws in the west may have evolved but this is still the basis of christianity. There are still Christians who believe in these things.

At the end of the day, this may be in the Quran but no one in the UK is being murdered for any of these things, because this would be islamic law, this was the death penalty given in the past, as the other list was death penalty for christianity in the past. So really i dont know where you're going with this. The topic of discussion was that terrorists did not have a religious backing, and I still stand to say that they don't.

And again, the majority of western Muslims do not think that gays should be killed either. What is your point?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    WE aren't, we're ignoring every word you say

ReputationRep:
    Taqqiya in action?
    As a Muslim revert, I am currently taking an Islamic course to broaden my knowledge where I have read a lot of scholarly materials.

ReputationRep:
    So many people are ignorant towards this subject. There is a difference between Muslim and fundamentalism. All those who kill 'in the name' of their religion are fundamentalists; those who take 'meanings' in sacred texts too literally and transcribe them as something destructive. There are terrorists who 'follow' Christianity, etc, eg the KKK. 'ISIS' is an acronym for Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. They are fundamentalists who believe they are upholding Islamic values, when really they are just extremists. Please people, whilst the two can cross paths, don't assume ALL muslims are terrorists, because not all terrorists are muslim.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Some Muslims are terrorists. some aren't. It is the same for all religions and people in general.

ReputationRep:
    I also disagree with the death penalty. And, yes I know it does not make Islam any better. Are you not concerned about the death for disobeying parents? The laws in the west may have evolved but this is still the basis of christianity. There are still Christians who believe in these things.
    Really, after having provided the (long) list of crimes that are punishable by death in Islam, you still think that terrorists do not have a religious backing?
    They kill people for apostasy, and say it is justified.

At the end of the day, this may be in the Quran but no one in the UK is being murdered for any of these things, because this would be islamic law, this was the death penalty given in the past, as the other list was death penalty for christianity in the past. So really i dont know where you're going with this. The topic of discussion was that terrorists did not have a religious backing, and I still stand to say that they don't.
    But the Quran is supposed to be timeless, therefore you cannot say "it was in the past"...

And again, the majority of western Muslims do not think that gays should be killed either. What is your point?
    Just contesting what you asserted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by courtneywxxd)
    So many people are ignorant towards this subject. There is a difference between Muslim and fundamentalism. All those who kill 'in the name' of their religion are fundamentalists; those who take 'meanings' in sacred texts too literally and transcribe them as something destructive. There are terrorists who 'follow' Christianity, etc, eg the KKK. 'ISIS' is an acronym for Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. They are fundamentalists who believe they are upholding Islamic values, when really they are just extremists. Please people, whilst the two can cross paths, don't assume ALL muslims are terrorists, because not all terrorists are muslim.
    You contradict yourself: you say that fundamentalist take the meaning of their sacred texts too literally, and then imply that they are not upholding their Islamic values. I would conversely say that fundamentalists uphold their religious values more accurately than those who water them down to fit in the society they are living in.

ISIS are the true Muslims imo.

ReputationRep:
    As a Muslim revert, I am currently taking an Islamic course to broaden my knowledge where I have read a lot of scholarly materials.
    Sahih Bukhari 7:62:64 -
    "The Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years."

Zakir Naik confirms this -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6mfM3_02U

ReputationRep:
    Sahih Bukhari 7:62:64 -
    "The Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years."

Zakir Naik confirms this -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6mfM3_02U

1400 years ago this was normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Really, after having provided the (long) list of crimes that are punishable by death in Islam, you still think that terrorists do not have a religious backing?
    They kill people for apostasy, and say it is justified.

But the Quran is supposed to be timeless, therefore you cannot say "it was in the past"...

Just contesting what you asserted.
    Yes, thats the list of crimes punishable by death by Islam, but if it is under the law of the land you live. If a terrorist from syria is going to america or france to kill someone who is not muslim, they're not under the law of their own land.

This would go back to the ruling of follow the law of your land. If they went to another country to attack people, they'd be under the ruling of another land therefore the idea of apostasy would not suffice? So where would the justification be? " Islamic law says I can kill a non believer if they are in this land, so let me go to another country which is not under islamic law and do it" This is not their reasoning. I repeat, ISIS do not have any islamic backing in their attacks.

Also, I did not say it was in the past in that sense, I said people were killed for those reasons in the past, even in archaic britain. The Quran is indeed timeless.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know of any countries where it is required, in accordance with the constitution, to be of a specific non-Islamic religion and failure to be a Muslim means you cannot vote, become a citizen, or hold public office?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uw0tm9)
    Lol, you'll see me defending Muslims in some threads but this is definitely not true. They're taught the idea of a kafir which is definitely not kind or respectful. Some Muslims are good, some Muslims are bad just like some people are good, some people are bad but Islam definitely doesn't teach you to be kind to non-Muslims that's for sure.
    Edit: I don't know why it auto ticked "Make post anonymously".
    Kafir is just the arabic term for non-muslim/disbeliever. Not derogatory.
    Yes some.
    I shall have to disagree with that last bit. As a Muslim, I have always been taught to be kind to non-muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammmaaaraah)
    1400 years ago this was normal.
    So your excuse for him being a pedophile is that it happened 1400 years ago? He is still a pedophile, God wouldn't choose the "last messenger" to be a violent pedophile warlord.

(Original post by Marianade)
      Why do people call us terrorists
      anyone who kills is not a muslim and isis kills more muslims than non-muslims. They arent muslim they just want to ruin our reputation.
      Response to the islamic negative view thread
      If Mr Trump bombs the s**t out of ISIS, hopefully it will help to improve the the unjustified reputations of Muslims. That said, aside from ISIS, there are aspects of Islam which would still be frowned upon for justified reasons.

PS: this isn't an attack on Islam or Muslims.... just saying

ReputationRep:
      this is like saying "I am not a criminal! why am I not allowed to buy explosives?"
      because the general social implications of individuals being allowed to buy explosives might be...negative...
      the comparison here is effective because it is not a presumption of guilt for ALL people of a group (i.e. "individuals") but rather a policy that is concerned with outcomes. also, people from other countries are not ENTITLED to go to another country. that is entirely at the discretion of that state itself, surely. if they don't want you, you have absolutely no right to go there.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Marianade)
      Why do people call us terrorists
      anyone who kills is not a muslim and isis kills more muslims than non-muslims. They arent muslim they just want to ruin our reputation.
      Response to the islamic negative view thread
      How old are you? Sound like a child who is heavily influenced by his milieu.

Muslims are perfectly capable of murder, and have indeed murdered since the time of Muhammad. He even chose people specifically knowing they would be vengeful in many instances.

ISIS kills more Muslims than non-Muslims because they're predominantly in Muslim areas. As we've seen, they are more than willing to kill non-Muslims when they get the opportunity.

And ISIS don't see it as them killing Muslims for the most part, as they mostly target Shiite Muslims, who they see as heretic.

Sunni and Shiite have been killing one another since Muhammad's death, so it's nothing new. Just the same old Muslim hatred brought into the spotlight of a more civilised time.

They want to establish a Caliphate. Seems odd for those wanting to ruin the reputation of Islam. With that sort of thinking. it's probably easy to think Jews were responsible for the Holocaust in a bid to establish Israel.

You need to accept responsibility and reform. Stop denying verses and cherry picking or pretending to be anything more than a nominal Muslim and help.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Junaid12)
      Out of context much? What was the previous verse? Hm. Any book sounds this way if taken way out of proportion. Even the bible. Can't we just live in peace?
      I find it funny how when religious people are shown the disgusting verses in their holy book their first response is to say it's being taken out of context. In what context could talking about striking fear into the hearts of non believers be seen as acceptable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.