Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had a drunken one night stand a couple of nights ago, we ended up having unprotected sex, stupid i know. I should have worn protection. Now worried I may have caught something. How long does it take for symptoms of and STI to show? In terms of that itch,rash or burning sensation?

ReputationRep:
    Gross

Go to your nearest sexual health clinic or see your GP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtostayanon12)
    I had a drunken one night stand a couple of nights ago, we ended up having unprotected sex, stupid i know. I should have worn protection. Now worried I may have caught something. How long does it take for symptoms of and STI to show? In terms of that itch,rash or burning sensation?
    The appearance/timing of symptoms can vary and for some STIs, the symptoms may even be unnoticeable. Best thing to do is to get screened- for chlamydia and gonorrhoea, a urine test is required but the bacteria may not be detectable until 2 weeks after unprotected sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If you have no symptoms, then waiting two weeks makes sense. (It'll be four weeks before an HIV blood test gives reliable results.) In the meantime, work on the basis that you could have something.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.