Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I used to wake up at 5-6 am and work 1 hour before school or relax watching documentary or reading.Then I would come back home from school I relax for 1-2 hours and go and lay down for 30 minutes have a quick nap and work 2-3 hours until like 8.I would have that big boost of energy to do studying it worked so well for me.Now I tried to adapt my bedtime by trying to wake up early on the weekend.My alarm is at 7 I switch it off and I am so tired that I drift back to school immediately.My alarm to school is at 7 I wake up at 7:20 I am so tired I drift back to sleep.I have an average of 8 hours sleep per night but I feel absolutely shattered.I come back from school I feel shattered by not shattered enough like previously to be able to nap so I am unproductive and do nothing as I don't feel tired enough but still tired.I would love to come back to my old bedtime.I need like 9 hours of sleep.But that is highly unlikely to happen so naps worked wonders.I go to bed at 9:30-10 usually.But if you count time of falling asleep it is like 8 hours of sleep I also wake up at night.I want to go back to old sleeping habits as I was so productive.I wanted to start on weekend to change it but it is not working.I also feel better psychologically when I wake up early as everyone is asleep and I can truly focus on what I want to do.On school days I know I only have 1 hour to do what I want so I use the time really well.

Any tips advice much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you're experiencing and do myself from time to time. It'll all be okay. If you're worried about your health, students are pretty robust as it goes, and you'll last on minimal sleep providing you eat right. You may not feel great though and that seems to be what you're experiencing. Classic fm works really well, my teacher suggested it to me and she wasn't wrong - there are no words to the music as such so surprisingly it can just help you drift off, even if your mind is racing or you're not that tired. Try to get more fresh air in the day as well - that genuinely works and leaves you feeling nicely tired. Good luck and always happy to answer anything else - if it's consolation, you're not alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ethistu7)
    I know exactly what you're experiencing and do myself from time to time. It'll all be okay. If you're worried about your health, students are pretty robust as it goes, and you'll last on minimal sleep providing you eat right. You may not feel great though and that seems to be what you're experiencing. Classic fm works really well, my teacher suggested it to me and she wasn't wrong - there are no words to the music as such so surprisingly it can just help you drift off, even if your mind is racing or you're not that tired. Try to get more fresh air in the day as well - that genuinely works and leaves you feeling nicely tired. Good luck and always happy to answer anything else - if it's consolation, you're not alone.
    Thank you how can I go back to my early waking up life with naps?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.