Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm due to start studying in London in September, I currently live in Essex but would like to live in London.
    Where is the best place to start with accommodation?
    Do first years typically live in halls or private accommodation?
    I'm hoping to study at Queen Mary (Mile End) or Goldsmiths (New Cross) so any recommendations of halls or private near there would be great.

ReputationRep:
    I am also going to start at queen mary or goldsmiths! What course are you going to do? Also, tag me if you find some good accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    I am also unsure on whether to go in cheaper and more social halls... or in a nicer complex with less students?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellerogerss)
    I'm due to start studying in London in September, I currently live in Essex but would like to live in London.
    I'm hoping to study at Queen Mary (Mile End) or Goldsmiths (New Cross) so any recommendations of halls or private near there would be great.
    Hello ellerogerss

We currently have limited rooms available and are a really central location in Barbican. We have a lot of Goldsmith and Queen Mary students joining us in September, you could be one of them!

Take a look at our website for further details - http://thestudenthousingcompany.com/...therese-house/

If you would like to speak to us in person, give us a call on 0207 2537603
    The Therese House Team
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmrm123)
    I am also going to start at queen mary or goldsmiths! What course are you going to do? Also, tag me if you find some good accommodation.

Hello mrmrmr123

We currently have limited rooms available and are a really central location in Barbican. We have a lot of Goldsmith and Queen Mary students joining us in September, you could be one of them!

Take a look at our website for further details - http://thestudenthousingcompany.com/...therese-house/

If you would like to speak to us in person, give us a call on 0207 2537603
    The Therese House Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellerogerss)
    Hey, I go to QM, I've been both in halls and in private accommodation. First years usually live in halls, I kind of liked it, but some of them are quite expensive. For second year I used Campusboard.co.uk to find a room in a student flatshare, which was really fun as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.