Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I'm in my last year of GCSEs (thank goodness) and at the beginning of last year I dropped a subject which was media studies/moving image arts because I'm not the most creative person and I didn't see the point in doing a gcse that I would possibly not pass when I could be revising and putting more effort into other subjects.

I do a qualification that is the equivalent of a GCSE and it's called Graphic Design (yes you could say why did I choose it then, well because, it was either that or nail art lol) and I hate to say it but I really do not like it. From September all we've been doing is theory which don't get me wrong is boring, but I'm good at English so I could write a whole paragraph for a one Mark question but now we're moving onto practical and we have to design DVD covers on photoshop and I'm worried because I'm like the only one in the class who can't use it.

All I've ever used photo shop for is resizing images not actually creating images and stuff and photoshopping one image into another, I just don't understand it.

I really want to drop it now, but I'm hesitant because it will leave me with 7 GCSEs and I want to do my a levels and then go to uni so that's why I'm so concerned.

Not only that, I feel as if I'm in competition/being judged my friends as they'll all come out with more GCSEs than me and then I'm worried that they'll think I can't stick at anything, but that's wrong, if I couldn't stick at anything I'd have dropped every gcse, the only reason I'm dropping this is because I can't physically make my brain do it.

ReputationRep:
    Suck it up and stick it out for the last year. The world is a competitive place. The more qualifications you have, the better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you really can't get your head round it then in all honesty you probably would only end up with 7 GCSEs even if you did keep doing it, if I were you I'd drop it. I don't know about you but if I were stressing about this extra subject then not only would i be doing no good at that specific subject, it would most likely be detrimental to your other subjects.
    I wouldn't be worried about only doing 7, I'm only taking English lit & lang, the sciences and maths, so fewer than you. That's a decision that was made after having spoken with all the relevant people at my school who assured me that only taking the 5 (or 6 since english is 2) wouldn't affect my a-levels as long as I actually got the grades in those gcses.
    If it's really stressing you out and you can't see it doing you any good then I really can't see any point in you carrying on with it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.