Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically when I did my GCSE's I was going through a tough time with bereavement whilst also being bullied and this led to me getting only five GCSE's A-C which was a B in English Lang, a B in English Lit, a C in Maths, a B in Media and a C in RS.

However, at college now I am doing BTEC Health & Social Care Extended Diploma I am predicted D*D*D* and I want to apply to some top Unis (such as Bath). I have a lot of work experience but I'm worried that my GCSEs will hold me back when the time comes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by clouise156)
    So basically when I did my GCSE's I was going through a tough time with bereavement whilst also being bullied and this led to me getting only five GCSE's A-C which was a B in English Lang, a B in English Lit, a C in Maths, a B in Media and a C in RS.

However, at college now I am doing BTEC Health & Social Care Extended Diploma I am predicted D*D*D* and I want to apply to some top Unis (such as Bath). I have a lot of work experience but I'm worried that my GCSEs will hold me back when the time comes.
    What course are you hoping to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigMan Ting)
    What course are you hoping to apply for?
    Social Work

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, your results are likely to hold you back from going to the top university's. There are people with a hell of a lot better grades than what you have. They won't take into consideration what you were going through at the time. However, keep trying on your current course and you can only hope for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by clouise156)
    Social Work
    http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergra...urseDetailsTab

After a bit of research looking around for a top uni, you satisfy their entry requirements, so dw. Good luck

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.