Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dear all,

Please could you advice me on how to get financial help to help me with my rent
    while i study. I get bursary and student loan,but its not enough.
    I am single dad of 31 years old i have to provide for my 2 daughters as well as my expenses and been mature student. I dont get tax credit and that lot as my ex claim for any way. Now i just get my wages and that is it.

I am going to study Paramedic course at Christchurch University full time. will be expected to do nights and week ends and days.Part time job is necessary, but how can i fit it in around the demand above .?

I am British Citizen , never been on benefit and having panic attack on how i am going to cope with this . your advice's will be much appreciated .

ReputationRep:
    Hey Horas

As well as your Maintenance Loan, if you are a full time student and it is still available, you may be able to claim a Children Grant and/or a Parents' Learning Allowance.

You may also be able to claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax if studying full time.

Check out the Student Finance section on here - lots of useful info which helped me.

Hope this helps.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.