The Student Room Group

Liberals seem to be incapable of comprehending what the "Muslim Ban" is about

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joe cooley
Wild assumption?

Only if you're willing to suspend reality and ignore the fact that every Muslim nation produces extremists with a burning hatred for the West and the US in particular.

Saudi....

I can't understand why they were not included in the ban.

It could be that their citizens are documented and thus easier to vet, or it could be the malign influence of Saudi oil wealth,who knows?

Maybe Trump should have followed the Muslim model and simply barred entry to anyone bearing a passport from any Muslim country.

If those countries really did produce extremists with a burning hatred for the US then that would translate into actual terrorist attacks carried out in the US. This hasn't happened.

You wonder why Saudi Arabia wasn't included? Nothing, you think, to do with Trump's business interests? If he was serious about banning 'threatening' people from 'threatening' countries, then he would include Saudi Arabia, the known exporter of radical Islam. He has only conjured up this stupid list to appease his bigoted supporters who don't know any better.
Original post by midnightice
If those countries really did produce extremists with a burning hatred for the US then that would translate into actual terrorist attacks carried out in the US. This hasn't happened.

You wonder why Saudi Arabia wasn't included? Nothing, you think, to do with Trump's business interests? If he was serious about banning 'threatening' people from 'threatening' countries, then he would include Saudi Arabia, the known exporter of radical Islam. He has only conjured up this stupid list to appease his bigoted supporters who don't know any better.

Yes thats right, because it hasn't happened before it will NEVER happen.

Left wing logic at its finest.

I don't know why Saudi wasn't included, and neither do you.

His bigoted supporters

Yep,calling the 63,649,978 US citizens who voted for Trump bigots is in no way bigoted.

The tolerance and understanding displayed by the Left is amazing!

Anyone still wondering why they're getting ready to be flushed down the crapper?
Original post by HAnwar
Say InshAllah.

Well if God does will it, don't let the door knock into your @rse on the way out.
Stay and rebuild it like the Germans did after WW2, maybe?

Out of curiosity, when are you moving back to the culturally superior Islamic world, it must be hell on earth for you, living in such an inferior culture?

Liberals who do advocate taking all the smart, skilled, and hardworking people from the poor countries really do not realise how dumb they are, and how much damage they are doing.
Yes thats right, because it hasn't happened before it will NEVER happen.

Left wing logic at its finest.

I don't know why Saudi wasn't included, and neither do you.

His bigoted supporters

Yep,calling the 63,649,978 US citizens who voted for Trump bigots is in no way bigoted.

The tolerance and understanding displayed by the Left is amazing!

Anyone still wondering why they're getting ready to be flushed down the crapper?

Just calling someone left-wing isn't an argument. I'm actually right-wing, classical liberal type, happy to call out idiotic ******** like Trump when I see it.

It's obvious Trump has business interests with the Saudis. Plain as day. Why won't he release his tax returns if he has nothing to hide?
Original post by Inzamam99
Just came back on TSR for a few minutes to see if it's still hosts the creme of student Nazism. Yep.

By any chance is this Naziism as in "Anybody who dares challenge my world view is a Nazi, where did my safe space go"?
Just calling someone left-wing isn't an argument. I'm actually right-wing, classical liberal type, happy to call out idiotic ******** like Trump when I see it.

It's obvious Trump has business interests with the Saudis. Plain as day. Why won't he release his tax returns if he has nothing to hide?

You're right wing !

Of course you are.
Reply 67
Original post by LisaNikita
Obama banned Cubans from entering the US. No one complained about that

He also started the crackdown on these 7 countries.
You're right wing !

Of course you are.

You come across as someone who doesn't understand various perspectives across the political spectrum. Newsflash, you can be an economic and social liberal at the same time!

Much like Trump is left-wing with his illiterate protectionism.
Reply 69
Right wingers seem incapable of comprehending that discriminatory measures, denial of justice and lack international concensus lead to conflicts that will never be won.
Reply 70

Maybe it is because obama started the crackdown, read the executive order trump says Syria and countries of particular concern those were designated by obama and congress not trump
Original post by Jammy Duel
Liberals who do advocate taking all the smart, skilled, and hardworking people from the poor countries really do not realise how dumb they are, and how much damage they are doing.

I actually agree with this. I kinda wish the skilled workers from my country would stop immigrating to the west and stay and help build the place. The brain drain is crippling.

You come across as someone who doesn't understand various perspectives across the political spectrum. Newsflash, you can be an economic and social liberal at the same time!

It's the same kind of people that think only right wingers voted leave and only left wingers voted remain.
Original post by StrawbAri
I actually agree with this. I kinda wish the skilled workers from my country would stop immigrating to the west and stay and help build the place. The brain drain is crippling.

Don't tell that to the bulk of "progressives", they'll call you a dumb regressive.

Newsflash, getting snotty because i refuse to go along with your claim you're not a standard bleeding heart leftie isn't going to change anything.

Sorry.
Original post by Lord Gaben
Liberals never complain about Israelis, or anyone with an Israeli stamp, being banned from Muslim majority nations.

Good point. It looks like a Ban on Jews.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Don't tell that to the bulk of "progressives", they'll call you a dumb regressive.

I've already been called a racist (multiple times) by people like that so I'm not very bothered.
Stay and rebuild it like the Germans did after WW2, maybe?

Out of curiosity, when are you moving back to the culturally superior Islamic world, it must be hell on earth for you, living in such an inferior culture?

It's going to be hard to rebuild Syria after Assad has destroyed it.
Original post by VV Cephei A
6 out of 7 countries on the ban list are active war zones. Which means they have unstable governments, poor infrastructure, and consequently poor documentation of their citizens, undermining any vetting process that might be employed during their immigration to the US.

For the most part, we have no idea who the people coming over from these countries are. Sure, most may be good people fleeing a conflict, but until there is a reliable way to evaluate the background of these individuals, it's anyone's guess.

That's what this ban is about. Temporarily limiting immigration from countries where it is difficult to assess citizens prior to granting them legal entry to the US, until measures have been implemented to do this.

It has nothing to do with "Muslims". Out of the 10 countries with the highest Muslim populations in the world, only one is on this list.

Liberals are cry babies . What were u expecting?

Don't worry about it , just watch the liberals cry, enjoy it and laugh to yourself. It's entertaining :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

This is partly accurate.

But you cannot deny that these countries, with regions/area under the control of IS/AQ do not pose a threat to the U.S. This list was actually conjured up by the previous administration, and also includes countries on the state-sponsored terrorist list.

However, it hasn't happened in the U.S because they already have existing controls which are clearly more adept than those in Europe. Which is where you are correct, this has been implemented to appease his supporters. However, by winning the election his policies have been given a democratic mandate. He is serious about making America safer, his reasons are sound, it's the implementation which requires refinement.
Original post by astutehirstute
If you feel Muslim culture is superior to the culture of this country's, why are you living here?

Go and live in a Muslim country. They are great shape already obviously, not backward and war torn and politically unfree, but I am sure would welcome you to make things even better.

Clearly you must not have heard of this quote...

"If the Arabs (/Muslims) had the choice between two states, secular and religious, they would vote for the religious and flee to the secular." ~Ali Al-Wardi (Iraqi sociologist)

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending