Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a little heartbroken, What should I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A little heartbroken, what should I do? I fancy a girl at uni and she has broken up with her boyfriend and a couple of months later she's seeing someone and apparently she knows I like her. Haven't seen her a lot this year. I used to live with her during my first year
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Heartbroken because you haven't bothered asking her out yet? I think you should do that...

ReputationRep:
    grow a pair

ReputationRep:
    Nothing you can do now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The great al)
    A little heartbroken, what should I do? I fancy a girl at uni and she has broken up with her boyfriend and a couple of months later she's seeing someone and apparently she knows I like her. Haven't seen her a lot this year. I used to live with her during my first year

you snooze ..you loose, brah

shouldda asked her out when you had the opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    You never know OP, the person she is with now might not last. If that's the case, then make your move. Don't let the chance slip away for a second time.

ReputationRep:
    Probably worth getting with someone else in the meantime, just for show so that she doesn't get the idea that you're just the second-choice waiting for her on the backbench.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Accept it and try to move on. You had your chance and you didn't take it.

ReputationRep:
    when u see her put ur hand up and ask her a question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    when u see her put ur hand up and ask her a question
    Like what?

ReputationRep:
    Dating is a competitive business. Next time move quicker. This said she might well have had her eye on someone else when she split up. Rejection comes in many unpleasant forms. So, dust yourself down and get back in to the fray. Plenty more fish etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Heartbroken because you haven't bothered asking her out yet? I think you should do that...
    I thought she was with her previous boyfriend still, that time I didn't know she was single. Now she's sort of seeing someone

ReputationRep:
    "sort of seeing" means nothing.

Ask her out. Make a move. Be bold, and firm when you do it also.

Whats the worse thats going to happen? She says no? So you're not worse off than where you are right now.

At least you'd have tried.

If you love this girl like you claim, stop hanging around waiting for something to happen. Make it happen.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.