The Student Room Group

Want more from life

I do feel my life isn't full enough. I struggle with social situations in the respect that I have mild social anxiety. I have few friends which doesn't concern me much but however I want a girlfriend and the thought occurs however ridiculous it may be, I worry about not being able to find a girlfriend. Any advice, or personal experiences?
I always find that doing activities to help others (volunteering, charity work etc) is something you can benefit from yourself, too. Sounds cliche, of course, but if you don't feel as though your life is full enough it is a good way to keep yourself busy, meet new people and make new friends. More importantly, it will help you with your mild social anxiety.

In respect to the anxiety too, I suffer the same. Not extreme enough to make me think a doctor's visit is necessary but enough for me to worry about everything in a social situation. Of course, your case may be different but I've found just pushing myself into anxiety-inducing situations help. The more I confront my worries, the less anxious I get.

And the girlfriend thing? Don't worry too much. I'm not sure how old you are but when the time is right it will happen. I didn't have my first relationship until I was 18. Follow any interests you have, develop new hobbies and focus on yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending