Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've been given offers for both unis and I'm set to achieve D*D*D* this year. I'm doing computer science in college with a hobby of sociology on the side. However I knew there was no future in sociology compared to ICT so I choose computer science courses for uni.

Now I'm stuck between unis.

Keele is lovely and much higher in the league table. And I can do a joint honours Computinf and Sociology degree. But the accommodation is so old fashioned for me, with traditional basins in the bathroom and having to pay premium for your own toilet. It's also in the middle of nowhere and getting the train from north Wales to Keele to go back home every few weeks would be a nightmare. They do however offer an academic excellence scholarship of £2k for each year, which I would be able to have if I went to Keele.

LJMU is a lot lower in the league table but the accommodation is so much nicer and more my style. It's also more accessible by train (only 1 hour away and no buses unlike Keele). It's also well connected to surrounded shops and nightlife unlike Keele. But no scholarship and a less prestigious university.

If Keele had more modern accommodation it would sway my decision completely. Does anyone have any input on either university? I feel so lost haha 😭

ReputationRep:
    100% Keele, you shouldn't be deciding based on accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Someone else on here a few days ago was asking the same thing between Manchester and somewhere else. I said it depends what you are "into". If you like shopping, nightlife, clubs, bars, restaurants, etc I would suggest LJMU. Just remember there is more to life than studying and lectures. What would you get up to in Keele for the rest of the time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Hi. Someone else on here a few days ago was asking the same thing between Manchester and somewhere else. I said it depends what you are "into". If you like shopping, nightlife, clubs, bars, restaurants, etc I would suggest LJMU. Just remember there is more to life than studying and lectures. What would you get up to in Keele for the rest of the time?
    I'm not hugely into going out anymore because I'm 21 but I don't want no social life haha. Keele just has its student union for nightlife pretty much. That's why I'm leaning towards JMU because I can actually do what I want within walking distance!

Thanks for both replies too guys!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.