Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as there are no threads on this, I made one!

Any applicants?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im on it. Have you been accepted I just got invited to the UBS workshop tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    Yeah im on it. Have you been accepted I just got invited to the UBS workshop tomorrow.
    Yeah I applied and got accepted quite a while back (October-ish 2016). Haven't got the UBS workshop invitation although a lot of my friends have. I might ask them tomorrow although I doubt I'll get to go since the deadline to reply has passed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozanic)
    Yeah I applied and got accepted quite a while back (October-ish 2016). Haven't got the UBS workshop invitation although a lot of my friends have. I might ask them tomorrow although I doubt I'll get to go since the deadline to reply has passed.
    Ah i got it in November thats when i remembered it ahah; and yeah you had to do it by 3pm, fortunately I had one class tomorrow so I can go lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    Ah i got it in November thats when i remembered it ahah; and yeah you had to do it by 3pm, fortunately I had one class tomorrow so I can go lol.
    So I signed up online recently and received an email inviting me to a 'registration appointment' this Friday (where I need to bring along my passport, CV, etc). What should I expect from this? Is it like an interview? Is my place already confirmed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humz007)
    So I signed up online recently and received an email inviting me to a 'registration appointment' this Friday (where I need to bring along my passport, CV, etc). What should I expect from this? Is it like an interview? Is my place already confirmed?
    Hi, I got into the programme last year and yeah you pretty much got in (unless anything has changed since last year) if have an invitation to a registration appointment, which is basically an informal interview. BUT,this doesn't mean you will be guaranteed an internship - you'll still need to go through interviews, send CVs, Cover Letters etc. with the companies that have vacancies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozanic)
    Hi, I got into the programme last year and yeah you pretty much got in (unless anything has changed since last year) if have an invitation to a registration appointment, which is basically an informal interview. BUT,this doesn't mean you will be guaranteed an internship - you'll still need to go through interviews, send CVs, Cover Letters etc. with the companies that have vacancies.
    I see, thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humz007)
    I see, thanks for the reply
    No worries.

ReputationRep:
    Which companies offer the internships at CityLink, as I am seeing which firms tend to take in applicants for a 1st year summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatapanydude)
    Which companies offer the internships at CityLink, as I am seeing which firms tend to take in applicants for a 1st year summer!
    These are the firms that participated in 2017 (for the Summer between the end of Sixth Form and the start of university):

• Asta
    • Barnett Waddingham
    • Beazley
    • Boies Schiller & Flexner
    • Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment
    • City of London Corporation
    • Civil Service
    • CNA Hardy
    • DWF
    • Fidelis
    • Fresco Advisory
    • Freshfields
    • Guy Carpenter
    • Hampden
    • Headland Consultancy
    • HFG
    • International Underwriting Association
    • Marsh
    • MUSI
    • Rabobank
    • Rothschild
    • Société Générale
    • Starr
    • The Brokerage Citylink
    • TheCityUK
    • TSB
    • William Blair

They'll most likely offer first-year, second-year and third-year internships as well with these companies.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.