Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at the prospectus and saw that the direct entry and normal entry had the same requirements except for direct entry requiring "previous programming experience".

I was wondering what this meant and where I could look to obtain this sort of experience since I would prefer taking a shorter course and don't mind the extra work involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSelvaraj)
    I was looking at the prospectus and saw that the direct entry and normal entry had the same requirements except for direct entry requiring "previous programming experience".

I was wondering what this meant and where I could look to obtain this sort of experience since I would prefer taking a shorter course and don't mind the extra work involved.
    Although I didn't take this, from what I've heard it requires you know at least one object-oriented language pretty well and know how to use it's features effectively e.g. inheritance vs. interfaces.

Taking a standard comprehensive Java programming course should suffice, I think they may make you take a short exam to prove you have the knowledge.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 30, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.