Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gaining body fat but not weight? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am short and Asian and I am a fairly healthy person to look at. I eat correctly, around two big meals a day with regular snacks in between. I admit, I do have a fair amount of sugar.
    I do not do strenuous exercise, just more or less two miles of walking a day. I have not been working out to gain muscle in over two years.
    However, I have been continuously expanding in body fat for a whole year now, to the point I can see back rolls and cannot tell the difference between butt and thighs, however for some spectacularly weird reason I have not gained any significant weight (my weight normally rolls around 49-50kg). This is very strange, is there an explanation for this?

I'm in a very similar situation and I think it's because I'm not doing enough, although I hate to admit it. I'm 5ft 3 and around nine stone, although I look smaller than what it actually is. I've noticed since after the last few months my arms and legs have become bigger... I used to walk about 2/3 miles a day like you but I tried to do an extra half hour and really noticed the difference. Also, don't worry at all. I'm sure you look fine and if you fit in your clothes and feel fine, then it is absolutely fine. Drinking water also helps a number of things, it's rumoured to have helped people cut down in body fat though I don't know if it's true! Good luck and always here to talk.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Psychedeliyaa)
    I am short and Asian and I am a fairly healthy person to look at. I eat correctly, around two big meals a day with regular snacks in between. I admit, I do have a fair amount of sugar.
    I do not do strenuous exercise, just more or less two miles of walking a day. I have not been working out to gain muscle in over two years.
    However, I have been continuously expanding in body fat for a whole year now, to the point I can see back rolls and cannot tell the difference between butt and thighs, however for some spectacularly weird reason I have not gained any significant weight (my weight normally rolls around 49-50kg). This is very strange, is there an explanation for this?
    If you are exactly the same weight then the only explanation is you are losing muscl for some reason.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.