Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone completed the BTEC unit 3 assignment 2? I'm stuck on the D2 section about "three recommendations and justifications" about Kellogg's.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lucy2089)
    Has anyone completed the BTEC unit 3 assignment 2? I'm stuck on the D2 section about "three recommendations and justifications" about Kellogg's.
    Generally, it's easier if you post the actual question rather than just the numbers. People who have previously studied will then be able to help, rather than just people who speak your code.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy2089)
    You need to first state how Kellogg's carry out their market research and then base the recommendations and justifications from there.

For example, if they use market research companies such as Mintel or Keynote to carry our research for them, think about the downsides of these and then any recommendations that they can do in order to improve the research. For example you could recommend that they employ someone specifically to carry out research into the market etc. instead of getting it done externally.

Hope this makes sense and if you have any further questions then just let me know

ReputationRep:
    Mintel costs money which is a downside as they don't want to spend a lot of money on research they may not necessarily need, the upside is that they do not need to worry about doing any research themselves.

I would mainly focus on the negatives of companies like Mintel such as like I said above cost, Kellogg's would then have to go through all the data, it would not be primary research and thus could be outdated.

three recommendations ( i cant remember what i wrote haha) but i would say.
    Only do primary research and focus on something specific i.e. what flavours people prefer
    Look through annual reports of competitors and see if any changes they made worked
    Instead of creating a new product, launch a marketing scheme for an existing, not so popular product and this is more cost effective

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.