Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm hoping to study a pgce course next year. I only have D in English a gcse however, will this stop from to applying to most?

ReputationRep:
    How did you get into Uni with a D ?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Rich00)
    Hi, I'm hoping to study a pgce course next year. I only have D in English a gcse however, will this stop from to applying to most?
    Check the entrance requirements, but I believe the min is a grade C. I thought a D was considered a fail?

ReputationRep:
    Well my college course and uni both wanted a C in English and maths. But they never brought it up during the interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Well my college course and uni both wanted a C in English and maths. But they never brought it up during the interviews.
    And what grade did you put on your UCAS application? It was a C, wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Nope ^

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure its a government requirement you have a C in English, Maths and Science to get onto a PGCE. Double check in the PGCE forum here though.

ReputationRep:
    My understanding is also it is a requirement you have a C Grade in English Language at least. You will need to do a English Skills test too. But it can't hurt to double check.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the above. You need a C. Maybe you could do a year's work in a school to gain experience and redo your English GCSE at the same time?

ReputationRep:
    Having a C in English GCSE is a requirement.

Why do you think that the requirements that everybody else has to meet should be different for you??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.