The Student Room Group

BTEC

does BTEC have exams? of course it has but i research it and it say that you don't need to sit an exams but they will check on your skills. Can someone who studied in BTEC or know about these. Could you pls explain it to me?
Thank you
Each BTEC is different and some will have external exams, however the majority of BTEC's are assessed through coursework. It will be best to check up with the BTEC you are wanting to study and the provider. For example when I did my BTEC about 3 years ago, all my work was based on coursework which consisted on mainly essays and reports and some presentations. I did not have any exams during my BTEC, however I know they are slowing introducing exams into BTECs in order to make them a bit more trickier.

Hope this helps!!
Reply 2
BTEC's used to be based solely on coursework, depending on the course you did (i did business). It was simply just typing coursework with a few presentations in total.

Now I believe there are some exams but as far as I am aware they do not hold as much weight as the coursework does.
The new BTEC Level 3 Nationals that started in Sep 2016 do incorporate examined units.
Whether that is an external written, multiple choice or internal synoptic assessment will vary depending on the subject and qualification size.
However, not everyone will be offering the new BTEC, centres can choose to continue with the old (non exam) BTEC Until Sep 2018.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending