Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Accepted my offer for PGCE Computer Science at University of Huddersfield so was just wondering if anyone else is doing it there?

Or even if anyone's not doing it there I'd still like to know which university you have chosen, or will choose?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Congrats on getting accepted!

My choices are UCL (IoE) or King's. I plan on applying by the end of the week (I know, I'm quite late ) - there's open days happening next week, which I will be attending, so surely I won't be the only person applying a little late.

Have you chosen the School Direct or University Lead option?

Any advice you could give to someone applying?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misstech)

Any advice you could give to someone applying?

Thanks
    Seriously consider going via a School's Direct option. I have found that University led and School's direct are practically identical with two vital differences.
    1. You know which schools you will be working in well in advance. By contrast the uni lot found out about 4 days before starting
    2. In my school, I have benefitted from all the training offered to the SCHITT trainees which has included a mental health course, voice coaching and more besides.

In order words, School Direct has been vastly better than University led IMO.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Great! Thanks for that information!

Do you apply for the School's Direct route through UCAS too?

Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.