Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

trump petition Watch

ReputationRep:
    can everyone sign this petition

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

also rep me so this thread stays at the top, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)

Doneeee

ReputationRep:
    because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen
    Is this a joke?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    That's not how reps work but take this free bump

ReputationRep:
    I just refreshed the page once a second or so for a minute, and it's getting like 100 or more signatures per second. I think sadly someones hacked it.

ReputationRep:
    Completely anti-Trump but also completely against this petition. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    I just refreshed the page once a second or so for a minute, and it's getting like 100 or more signatures per second. I think sadly someones hacked it.
    The signatures seem to be pretty evenly distributed, looking at the map, so I'd wager that it has been posted on Facebook/Twitter, or similar.

ReputationRep:
    this is an utterly stupid idea. Whether you like Trump or have been brainwashed by the corporate lying propaganda of the media It is just a bad move.

Like it or not Trump is the democratically elected president of the United states currently the Largest Economy in the world. The UK is leaving the EU and has a potential for a bright future if they can negotiate trade deals with foreign nations outside of the EU. Considering that Trump is very eager to do this I can't see how it could possibly be in our interest to be cut out of trade deals with the largest economy in the world simply because some brainwashed numbskulls wanted to express their uninformed hatred of the US president. This petition is utterly retarded.

ReputationRep:
    Well it would be quite embarrassing if Trump gets a little overexcited by the occasion, forgets to control himself and grabs the Queen by the pussy.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    hmmm a bit salty tbh .

ReputationRep:
    No, if we do that then the UK economy would tumble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke7456)
    this is an utterly stupid idea. Whether you like Trump or have been brainwashed by the corporate lying propaganda of the media It is just a bad move.

Like it or not Trump is the democratically elected president of the United states currently the Largest Economy in the world. The UK is leaving the EU and has a potential for a bright future if they can negotiate trade deals with foreign nations outside of the EU. Considering that Trump is very eager to do this I can't see how it could possibly be in our interest to be cut out of trade deals with the largest economy in the world simply because some brainwashed numbskulls wanted to express their uninformed hatred of the US president. This petition is utterly retarded.
    This. It would be a bigger political statement than some think. It would be expressing a distaste for Trump as a country, which wouldn't bode well with US-UK (and by extension international) relations. This isn't to say that individuals can't protest or disagree with Trump, I shall just say that this petition is unlikely to change anything.

ReputationRep:
    Doubt there is any way the Tories are up for rescinding the invitation. Although interesting that Theresa May was forced to come off the fence and it would indeed excuse the Queen from what will be the most excruciating of state dinners.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not. I, for one, cannot wait for Trump to make his first visit to the UK. He could surely give some of our politicians a much needed kick up the backside.

ReputationRep:

Look I don't like the man but what do you think is going to happen here. The man was "democratically" elected ( just like the Brexit vote) and so we have to see how it goes.

There will be some nutter who will try to assassinate him probably but I think this is the lot of people in power.

Petitions are useless as are marches.

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to sign it, and condemn all of the politicians who want to ban President Trump. We should be building stronger ties with the US, and so this is counterproductive. What Trump decides to do is none of our business, it's something for the Americans to challenge and deal with.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How about no, go and learn how diplomacy works.

ReputationRep:
    no problem, still got 565k signatures.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    no problem, still got 565k signatures.
    Could get 10m, won't change the fact that parliament will not vote on it and Buckingham Palace/ Number 10 will just figuratively laugh at you all

ReputationRep:
    There's no point in arguing over it, the public has spoken so let the parliament decide.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.