Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best places to go in Nottingham Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I'm going to be visiting Nottingham with my mate in March to go see a comedian. It will be our first time going somewhere away from home, ohh the freedom aha. Just wondering if ya'll could give us some good idea's on where we should visit, bars, restaurants, social meetup stuff etc. I've searched plenty of places but there's nothing like asking others, maybe students that live in Nottingham who know some secret awesome attractions aha?

Thanks guys, much appreciated
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaffaNeko)
    Hello everyone,

I'm going to be visiting Nottingham with my mate in March to go see a comedian. It will be our first time going somewhere away from home, ohh the freedom aha. Just wondering if ya'll could give us some good idea's on where we should visit, bars, restaurants, social meetup stuff etc. I've searched plenty of places but there's nothing like asking others, maybe students that live in Nottingham who know some secret awesome attractions aha?

Thanks guys, much appreciated
    There's the Broadmarsh and Victoria shopping centres which are pretty cool, but the Alley Cafe is a big hit for young adults adults and often has live music on at the evenings.

I live in the area. It's a nice place, but there are definitely much better places you could go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    There's the Broadmarsh and Victoria shopping centres which are pretty cool, but the Alley Cafe is a big hit for young adults adults and often has live music on at the evenings.

I live in the area. It's a nice place, but there are definitely much better places you could go
    Well they sound really nice. I know that theres a Lush somewhere. I think thats where i wil go first aha. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    There's a Patisserie Valerie in Nottingham too. Might want to check that out because the cakes are the stuff of heaven
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaffaNeko)
    Well they sound really nice. I know that theres a Lush somewhere. I think thats where i wil go first aha. Thank you
    Lush is in the Victoria centre I think

ReputationRep:
    The first time you go away from home is always great. Do what you want, when you want. Nottingham is a great place been there few times now. Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    There's a Patisserie Valerie in Nottingham too. Might want to check that out because the cakes are the stuff of heaven
    Oh ive had many of their cakes. I wont leave without one ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manxlad)
    The first time you go away from home is always great. Do what you want, when you want. Nottingham is a great place been there few times now. Enjoy!
    A different atmosphere and scenery so all looks well
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There's the Castle, Robin Hood attractions, and Caves too. The 'Ye Old Trip to Jerusalem' pub near there is said to be the oldest pub in England.

In terms of bars, they have the usual chains like Revolution, Turtle Bay etc. but there's places such as Cookie lounge and Pit and Pendulum which do really cool flavoured shots and drinks. Rock City is a must for a night out too, some people like Stealth too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    There's the Castle, Robin Hood attractions, and Caves too. The 'Ye Old Trip to Jerusalem' pub near there is said to be the oldest pub in England.

In terms of bars, they have the usual chains like Revolution, Turtle Bay etc. but there's places such as Cookie lounge and Pit and Pendulum which do really cool flavoured shots and drinks. Rock City is a must for a night out too, some people like Stealth too.
    I will have a look into them. Thank you :3
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I was going to mention Alley Cat - make sure you know where it is, because you don't stumble on it!

The same company owns both Victoria and Broadmarsh. The former is nearly all the usual suspects, the latter has been allowed to decline embarrassingly, but that does mean there are some small art concerns taking advantage of the lower rent.

For art, the Contemporary is the usual 'might be great, might be awful' modern art.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.