Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Too much to Learn not enough time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobwibbles)
    I know exactly where your coming from with the Biology mark schemes they are outrageous sometimes.
    487 hours of revising AS! when A2 needs to be done and given more time aswell!!....

But Good luck and thank you for your input
    tbf those hours are gonna be almost entirely maths as I'm basically a prodigy in my philosophy A level and biology keeps bringing up stuff from AS so I ain't forgotten any of it. My maths skills just seem to be getting steadily worse over time. I'm kind of annoyed that my chance of doing philosophy at uni has a very high potential to get entirely shredded based on a maths qualification which really isn't relevant to what I'm going for at all but what can ya do :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I have started by deleting social media and stuff but seriously this year it feels like its going too fast. And well done on that improvement very much well deserved.
    I have mixed feelings. All I can do is pray and what are your views on fasting during A level exams will it affect you or not and should all muslims fast during exams? I keep all my fasts in general but I didnt last year due to being quite poorly ill + stressed (I have made up for the ones i missed recently)
    From a religious perspective, we should keep unless physically unable e.g. ill, otherwise it is compulsory. Also remember, if Allah sees you're struggle imagine how much he might reward you!

I fasted, I got an E in M1 and B in both Chem exams (not far from A). I was always going to fail M1 anyway lmao.

Imo it never affected me, what affected me was how well prepared I was, I never thought about food or water, my attention was on the exam and it's only 2 hours max anyway. But some people are more easily affected than others and if you are one of them then that's not gonna help!

ReputationRep:
    You reassure me. But I also have two maths resits C1 and C2 I find C3 quite nice but I hate M1 I get A and B in both in the past papers.
    The stress is that we don't finish our Biology A2 stuff in class until June... Week before the exams.
    I have to relearn all of AS and be pro at it whilst learning A2 at the same time etc.
    I can see your point about making most of your time but I still can't not worry when just looking at the date everyday and seeing it get closer and closer to May/June..

Dahhhh

Oh and the number of exams I have.
    C1 C2 resits. + A2 maths modules.
    =5 exams in maths.
    3 exams in both Biology and Chemistry.
    So 11 exams
    (so same number of exams as you)
    Gulp. 11 exams that will either destroy me or don't...
    (Gulp again.)
    You should learn the biology content yourself , ive self taught all of c4 and we have only done 2 chapters in school , take it on yourself to learn everything way before the exam , especially if your finishing late!
    Your worrying? , you will only worry if you know your not trying your best , give it your all everyday! if you do you wont look back , there will be no regrets , plus you will have fantastic grades if you do the work. i asked my cousin who studies at oxford about how he revised , he said to me it doesnt matter what he did , "there is no substitute for hardwork".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cero70)
    You should learn the biology content yourself , ive self taught all of c4 and we have only done 2 chapters in school , take it on yourself to learn everything way before the exam , especially if your finishing late!
    Your worrying? , you will only worry if you know your not trying your best , give it your all everyday! if you do you wont look back , there will be no regrets , plus you will have fantastic grades if you do the work. i asked my cousin who studies at oxford about how he revised , he said to me it doesnt matter what he did , "there is no substitute for hardwork".
    There is no substitute for hard work. True that.
    Thank you for enlightening me I will finish Core4 and other topics from biol and chemistry before we do in class. I usually go to sleep straight after school though as I'm always exhausted...

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    There is no substitute for hard work. True that.
    Thank you for enlightening me I will finish Core4 and other topics from biol and chemistry before we do in class. I usually go to sleep straight after school though as I'm always exhausted...

Thank you
    Haha i do the same , i usually sleep till 7-8 then eat and do work for 3-4 hours
    , but im going to break this habbit

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.