Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Special needs/ learning disorder society? Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've seen a fair few posts and comments about various types of special needs, learning disorders etc over my time here. I was wondering if there would be any interest in a society thread for things like that? A universal one for anything in that general area, rather than a specific one.

It would be nice to see if there is any interest and maybe see if we can set one up (i'm not sure how all that works on here).

So I guess if you're interested either post here or give some rep or something and if anybody knows how to set things up let me know? Thanks in advance for any input
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I meant to make one of these ages ago and totally forgot! But yeah, that would be awesome, especially if there was some information about some of the main ones in the OP. Not sure where would be better, here or disabled students, but either is great! Could be really good- if you don't want to make it then let me know and I will, got more than enough to do on here though atm and you'll do a better job than me anyway so yeah

ReputationRep:
    I think that this is a good idea, as some users might want to join a support group for a learning disorder or disability they have, but might not wish to disclose which one by joining a specific group

To make a new group you can hover over your username on the blue bar, go to My groups then click onto My Social Groups. Then you can click onto Create a new group to set up the society. If you want you can also create a thread, in the Mental Health forum perhaps, and associate it with the society you created using the Tools button. I would offer to do it myself, but unfortunately I've reached the limit for the number of groups I can make
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    I meant to make one of these ages ago and totally forgot! But yeah, that would be awesome, especially if there was some information about some of the main ones in the OP. Not sure where would be better, here or disabled students, but either is great! Could be really good- if you don't want to make it then let me know and I will, got more than enough to do on here though atm and you'll do a better job than me anyway so yeah
    I'd be happy to set one up... might need a little bit of advice though.
    I was thinking of starting it, asking for sites people find useful and things like that and then adding it into that front page-it thing other societies have. That way there's everybody's comments in the first few comments and a kinda TLDR at the top. Is that something that's possible? I'm not so tsr savvy.

Disabled students? I guess that's a part of tsr I don't know about. I really need to explore this site more. I guess here cos it's where people are more likely to go if the aren't sure what's up and if they actually are a disabled student.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    I think that this is a good idea, as some users might want to join a support group for a learning disorder or disability they have, but might not wish to disclose which one by joining a specific group

To make a new group you can hover over your username on the blue bar, go to My groups then click onto My Social Groups. Then you can click onto Create a new group to set up the society. If you want you can also create a thread, in the Mental Health forum perhaps, and associate it with the society you created using the Tools button. I would offer to do it myself, but unfortunately I've reached the limit for the number of groups I can make
    Exactly! That and some people may have a bit of an obscure thing or not know what they have. It just leaves all options open really.

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    I'd be happy to set one up... might need a little bit of advice though.
    I was thinking of starting it, asking for sites people find useful and things like that and then adding it into that front page-it thing other societies have. That way there's everybody's comments in the first few comments and a kinda TLDR at the top. Is that something that's possible? I'm not so tsr savvy.

Disabled students? I guess that's a part of tsr I don't know about. I really need to explore this site more. I guess here cos it's where people are more likely to go if the aren't sure what's up and if they actually are a disabled student.
    Yep that sounds good! And yeah, it's in the unis forum but agree health would probably be better and I'll sticky it for you. Give me a bit and I'll PM you- if you haven't had one by tomorrow give me a poke cus I've probably forgotten

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.