Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does makeup make you look older than your age? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Curious

Spoiler:
    Show

Personally I get told that look 19/20 a lot when I wear makeup.

ReputationRep:
    depends how much u use

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't really wear it, foundation and mascara on the odd occasion but nothing excessive. I don't think it makes me look older because I have a 'babyface' lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    depends how much u use
    Not that much tbh.

ReputationRep:
    As a guy I think it does make a person look older

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so , I still get id'd whether I wear makeup or not lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeenRose29)
    Well I don't really wear it, foundation and mascara on the odd occasion but nothing excessive. I don't think it makes me look older because I have a 'babyface' lol.
    Lucky

Spoiler:
    Show

I'm slowly losing my baby face fat maybe that's why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGoodPharaoh)
    As a guy I think it does make a person look older
    It's a good and bad thing I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Lucky

Spoiler:
    Show

I'm slowly losing my baby face fat maybe that's why

Haha thanks lol and awhhh yeah it could be because of that, I don't think ima lose mine very soon ha
    I think make-up looks nice when it makes you look more mature and slightly older

ReputationRep:
    Deffo

ReputationRep:
    I've seen a few girls that look younger without it and actually their teenage age as opposed to a 21+ woman. It depends how much you wear or on you individually. I look younger than my age whether I cake it on or wear none at all and have been told this countless times by all sorts of people. So it depends. In some cases it might and others it may not.

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks lol and awhhh yeah it could be because of that, I don't think ima lose mine very soon ha
    I think make-up looks nice when it makes you look more mature and slightly older
    You're welcome At least you still look young :emo:

I just want my cheekbones to be even more defined :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It's a good and bad thing I guess.
    That's very true

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome At least you still look young :emo:

I just want my cheekbones to be even more defined :yep:
    I'm 16 haha but oh yesssssssss I want more defined cheekbones too, mine are just hidden under all the chubbiness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_t)
    I've seen a few girls that look younger without it and actually their teenage age as opposed to a 21+ woman. It depends how much you wear or on you individually. I look younger than my age whether I cake it on or wear none at all and have been told this countless times by all sorts of people. So it depends. In some cases it might and others it may not.
    True.

I don't cake it on tbh. I think I look more like my age when I don't wear makeup.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 haha but oh yesssssssss I want more defined cheekbones too, mine are just hidden under all the chubbiness
    I wouldn't mind having chubby cheeks like Selena tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Not really

ReputationRep:
    Younger girls look older and older women look younger with it.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how old you are.

If you're that girl who performed at Trump's inauguration, then yes. If you're Alicia Keys or Madonna, you'll look younger. If you're Cher, it won't make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Depends on how old you are.

If you're that girl who performed at Trump's inauguration, then yes. If you're Alicia Keys or Madonna, you'll look younger. If you're Cher, it won't make a difference.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.