Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am in my second year at university now.

I have received a letter from SFE asking for proof of income from my parents. My dad is employed so was able to provide his tax return form quite promptly. But my mum hasn't worked and receives child tax credit/benefits. What proof can I send on her behalf?

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Does your mum receive any out of work benefits? At the end of each tax year-ish, she should receive a P60?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi

We would not be able to accept tax credit award notice as evidence of benefits. We would advise that mother contacts her local Job Centre Plus (JCP) or the Department for Work in Pensions (DWP) for this evidence. The letter must state the amount of benefits received for the full tax year.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.