Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really REALLY embarrassed, need reassurance!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So as silly and as petty as this may sound on the whole, I'm prone to overthinking and I'm incredibly embarrassed. And feeling like I want to be swallowed up before tomorrow.

Basically, my cousin has a small son and used a website to find him a nursery. Since I'm 15 and looking for work, she recommended it to me so I can advertise babysitting there. I've now got a profile and have been quite successful.

On this particular website you get notified if another account views your profile - I got a notific earlier saying (substituting names for examples here btw) John T, a parent, 40, -town name- has viewed your profile. This would all. E fine except the exact name that came up was, coincidentally or otherwise, the name of one of my teachers. Well, same first name and last initial, same town and around same age bracket.

I'm now worried that my teacher has seen my childcare profile, and although there's nothing wrong with that, I'm dying of embarrassment. I want school and home to be separate and am mortified at what he'd think of me because of being on there - would I look stupid, too young etc.

The name of my teacher is common-ish, but not extremely common, which increases the chances obviously. It's not a massive city we live in, about 10/15 miles round I'd say.

- What are the chances, realistically, it's them?
    - Any words of comfort to avoid awkwardness?

Someone make me feel better, I know it's an overreaction slightly but I'll feel so awkward tomorrow! Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ethistu7)
    So as silly and as petty as this may sound on the whole, I'm prone to overthinking and I'm incredibly embarrassed. And feeling like I want to be swallowed up before tomorrow.

Basically, my cousin has a small son and used a website to find him a nursery. Since I'm 15 and looking for work, she recommended it to me so I can advertise babysitting there. I've now got a profile and have been quite successful.

On this particular website you get notified if another account views your profile - I got a notific earlier saying (substituting names for examples here btw) John T, a parent, 40, -town name- has viewed your profile. This would all. E fine except the exact name that came up was, coincidentally or otherwise, the name of one of my teachers. Well, same first name and last initial, same town and around same age bracket.

I'm now worried that my teacher has seen my childcare profile, and although there's nothing wrong with that, I'm dying of embarrassment. I want school and home to be separate and am mortified at what he'd think of me because of being on there - would I look stupid, too young etc.

The name of my teacher is common-ish, but not extremely common, which increases the chances obviously. It's not a massive city we live in, about 10/15 miles round I'd say.

- What are the chances, realistically, it's them?
    - Any words of comfort to avoid awkwardness?

Someone make me feel better, I know it's an overreaction slightly but I'll feel so awkward tomorrow! Thanks in advance
    Hi,
    As you said: school and home separate. It would be unprofassional of him to mention it, but even if he does, never forget: it is none of his business. If he does mention it and you feel uncomfortabe talking about it, just state it politely and respectfully that it doesn't matter in school and so you don't think the topic deserves any second thoughts. You have nothing to explain or regret or be ashamed of.

(Exactly the opposite in my opinion: studying and parttime working are the best combo to make you a fine grown-up.)

Good luck for tommorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I guess that's true. I'm hoping it's just a coincidence in the first place but you just never know, it is a small world after all. You're right about it not being their business, I'll remember that tomorrow. Hopefully nothing will be said and hopefully it was someone different anyway!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.