Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    please am a little bit confused about student finance scheme of funding university Students, please be patient with me as this is my first year studying in the UK therefore many things are still new to me.

    Basically, my father(Italian passport holder) has been in the UK for over 3 years now. but i have been here since 2015. and tried several times to continue with my studies for some reason i found it really difficult entering uni after over 10-15 attempts, then i was advised to try through clearing which finally got me into the course i have always desire to study in English.

    but, i hold an African passport but have resided in Italy for 10 years and also hold an EEA family permit both Italian and UK as i now live in the UK, even though these permits entitles me to travel anywhere in Europe(schengen) without a visa.

    because the tuition fee was and is really expensive i spoke to an adviser from my university whom sat me down and called someone in student finance to advise on what help i could get ( to note i am and was 22 when i applied for it in September). and was advised to apply as a child of a eea migrant worker.

    it has been 6 months and everyday my university call on my behalf and i call as well for update for at least my tuition to be paid. but every time there is a missing document .

    a few days ago after submitting all required documentation. i received a 2 line letter stating am not entitled to student finance as am over 21 and no proof of dependancy on my father.

    my questions
    - what exact document are needed to proof i depend on my father ? as i have sent all letters of bills in his name
    - and why am i not entitled to get at least my tuition paid because am over 21?

    could someone please help me with some clarification please. i tried calling the advisers team on the number provided but they kept ready the letter i already received and not knowing how to explain which is really frustrating and this has been going on since September. i just want my fees to be paid so that i can focus on my studies.

University open days

  • Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.