Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm year 10 and I have a week of exams soon. Any tips on how to remember great quantities of information?
    For maths, English, triple science, history, RE, textiles/fashion design and spanish.
    Exam board is AQA

Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basiliskira)
    So I'm year 10 and I have a week of exams soon. Any tips on how to remember great quantities of information?
    For maths, English, triple science, history, RE, textiles/fashion design and spanish.
    Exam board is AQA

Many thanks!

Hi,

I'm in year 11 so I've got a few techniques that work well for me ... still learning others though ... anyway, here are some ...

1- whiteboards are brilliant , just keep re-writing (like look, cover, write check) on facts until you get it

2- past papers - if u dont have time to do one, look through some you already have done - see how to phrase answers correctly and know how to answer questions step by step ... note down the key ideas for each topic in a list

Languages- i take french and i have this app called duolingo - it has definitely helped overtime (teacher doesn't really teach us anything to be honest so I'm really glad i have it)

R.E- my exam board is edexcel so we only have to know unit 1 and 8 ... try to memorise the main key quotes that can be used for most ideas (like an a4 sheet for each religion) ... note down the main views they have on one a4 ... usually it's pretty simple, but there are some unusual ideas which you can get from the revision guide or online ... here are two examples attached ... maybe when you do it , you could space it out a bit more Attachment 615966
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1485945913.114656.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  83.7 KB

Triple science - my teachers give out little booklets of exam questions- they work well for me best - simple diagrams/posters - really nail the key points - the apps are quite good from aqa... keep doing them until you get everything correct

English- hard one for me - usually for poetry- i write down the main affects each technique has

Books - write down main quotes you can use for things

..As well as context/ideas/characteristics of the people

Really my point is , know the basics and a little beyond because usually once you get the start, your mind remembers the rest and it just keeps rolling ... once you have the basics, go back and then go into really good in depth answers... (obviously revise into depth if you really need to

and ask questions to teachers! I used to feel like an idiot so i didnt, but they're there to help you ... otherwise you wont know it and all you will do is regret and fail (bit dramatic but if u think like that at least you get it done) ... go to the teacher before/after school or at break/lunch if you are really embarrassed...

If you think 'oh, i'll finish that at home' ... you wont most probably... try and get as much done as possible in that time and if not, make a pile at home of the things you need to do to remind you

Didn't take history or fashion ... sorry ...hope this kind of helped ... i like my lists/diagrams ☺️ I can visualise it all better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quizlet omg holy grail

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.