Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"I don't have enough time" is crap, yes you do. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    People, especially students, like to say they don't have enough time to do things like clean, exercise, make meals, study, see friends, shop, etc. These people are not using their time effectively. Wake up an hour early to exercise or clean, do things at set times, be more organised, don't take breaks for hours and hours watching Netflix or sitting on Facebook.

Today I woke up at 6, made breakfast, did an hour of cardio, showered, cleaned my room, vacuumed the house, took the bins out and packed by bag for tomorrow, all before 8. Then I did laundry, ironing and made lunch for tomorrow. I did a couple of hours of studying, went out to do food shopping, put it all away and that came to 2pm. I've had a friend over since then, and now I'm on an exercise bike while writing this. You do have time, stop moaning you don't.

ReputationRep:
    Amen

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone is you, shocking...

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro.

ReputationRep:
    Am so glad you've managed to use your experience to generalise for millions of students, clearly nothing fallacious going on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeas.corpus)
    Cool story bro.
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Am so glad you've managed to use your experience to generalise for millions of students, clearly nothing fallacious going on here.
    What is everyone else doing then, that they don't have time to do everything they moan about?

This is sooo true, I agree.

The only problem is that it is easier said than done

ReputationRep:
      I think I've heard about a billion of these "motivational" stories and they don't do anything you're basically a stranger through the internet just talking at me. If these sorts of things worked everyone would be meeting deadlines by now.

ReputationRep:
      I find it funniest when they comment that they don't have enough time while on TSR.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Glassapple)
      What is everyone else doing then, that they don't have time to do everything they moan about?
      Most students have part-time jobs. Some have caring responsiblities. Although I do partly agree with you, if some people organised their time better and prioritised effectively, they could achieve so much.
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      ok mum

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by habeas.corpus)
      Most students have part-time jobs. Some have caring responsiblities. Although I do partly agree with you, if some people organised their time better and prioritised effectively, they could achieve so much.
      Then they should wake up early, or do stuff after work. Part-time means they're not working 13 hour shifts, 7 days a week. Realistically they're working 8-18 hours a week at 5-8 hours a time. It's not unrealistic to be able to manage that time effectively. The ones who have caring responsibilities in the bigger picture are a negligible figure.

ReputationRep:
      People, especially students, like to say they don't have enough time to do things like clean, exercise, make meals, study, see friends, shop, etc. These people are not using their time effectively. Wake up an hour early to exercise or clean, do things at set times, be more organised, don't take breaks for hours and hours watching Netflix or sitting on Facebook.

Today I woke up at 6, made breakfast, did an hour of cardio, showered, cleaned my room, vacuumed the house, took the bins out and packed by bag for tomorrow, all before 8. Then I did laundry, ironing and made lunch for tomorrow. I did a couple of hours of studying, went out to do good shopping, put it all away and that came to 2pm. I've had a friend over since then, and now I'm on an exercise bike while writing this. You do have time, stop moaning you don't.
      Aren't you the same chap who posted about being rich and paying random gay guys for sex and living off Daddy's money? Not all of us are as lucky as you to be able to stay at home, go shopping as we please or pay for sex.

ReputationRep:

Today I woke up at 6, made breakfast, did an hour of cardio, showered, cleaned my room, vacuumed the house, took the bins out and packed by bag for tomorrow, all before 8. Then I did laundry, ironing and made lunch for tomorrow. I did a couple of hours of studying, went out to do good shopping, put it all away and that came to 2pm. I've had a friend over since then, and now I'm on an exercise bike while writing this. You do have time, stop moaning you don't.
      Because it's Sunday... and you don't work/study full time at university.

ReputationRep:

Okay so please tell me when i have time on my thursday for example: Wake up at 7am, get ready, do some exercise in the morning, leave by 8:30, in uni 9-1, working from 1-4 then 5-10pm then come home and have a shower. Do tell me when i'll have time in there to get my uni work done/go shopping/see friends/ect

Don't assume everyone's on your schedule.

ReputationRep:
      lmfao at on an exercise bike while typing

that image bruh

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Bubblyminty)
      Aren't you the same chap who posted about being rich and paying random gay guys for sex and living off Daddy's money? Not all of us are as lucky as you to be able to stay at home, go shopping as we please or pay for sex.
      It was straight guys, but that's not the point. I take time before and after things I need to do, like school, to do other things like that; I make time.

(Original post by hezzlington)
      Because it's Sunday... and you don't work/study full time at university.
      I go to school Monday to Friday and wake up an hour early to exercise and get things done, why can't students who go to lectures that lets face it, mostly start at 11am, two to three times a week, do the same?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Bubblyminty)
      This guy is about as pretentious as it gets, makes a thread on how busses are unbearable, another criticising people for drinking fizzy drinks and to top it off he is out there blowing men on daddy's account

ReputationRep:

:rofl:

and cardio only? Do you even lift?

ReputationRep:
      basically. some people have fuller schedules than him.

(Original post by Yaboi)
      Not everyone is you, shocking...

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.