Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"I don't have enough time" is crap, yes you do. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    It was straight guys, but that's not the point. I take time before and after things I need to do, like school, to do other things like that; I make time.

I go to school Monday to Friday and wake up an hour early to exercise and get things done, why can't students who go to lectures that lets face it, mostly start at 11am, two to three times a week, do the same?
    Like most other students....

And they can go to lectures, it's just a case of whether you want to or not. If I'm going out midweek, I probably won't make my 9am the next day. I'd be ridiculously tired, hungover and I'd probably be more productive if I just layed in, missed the lecture and then proceeded with my day as usual.

(Ofcourse, you could just not go out at all)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    basically. some people have fuller schedules than him.
    ye sounds like he literally has nothing to do all day everyday lol. The type of day that he just described is something you do on days off when you've got no lectures or job etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah OP, if you aren't at uni and working then you don't really know what it's like. If you are still doing your A-levels (which I presume you are), then obviously you have a ton of free time. A-levels are piss easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    :rofl:

and cardio only? Do you even lift?
    I don't feel the need to lift to get internet points. I'm not a muscle Mary.

(Original post by 0to100)
    basically. some people have fuller schedules than him.
    Like not turning up to lectures, going to the pub, working 8 hours a week at Starbucks and writing incoherent essays. Yeah, real full.

ReputationRep:
    As a carer for a parent, working 35 hours a week, studying for another uni course and having 2 dogs to look after / walk every day... I'd say sometimes I don't have time to do everything that I'm supposed to do...

But good for you having your life in order 👍🏼

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    ye sounds like he literally has nothing to do all day everyday lol. The type of day that he just described is something you do on days off when you've got no lectures or job etc.
    I stopped reading halfway but from what I read it does sound like that.

ReputationRep:
    It was straight guys, but that's not the point. I take time before and after things I need to do, like school, to do other things like that; I make time.

I go to school Monday to Friday and wake up an hour early to exercise and get things done, why can't students who go to lectures that lets face it, mostly start at 11am, two to three times a week, do the same?
    Hm, if the guys are having gay sex with you...they obviously aren't straight are they?

Re the lecture thing. You're doing A-levels. Uni study is very different. Lectures don't make up most of the learning, unlike in high school. I'd say 80% of most uni degrees is spent in the library reading or doing coursework. Most students spend 30- 50 hours studying per week (around 50 certainly for medicine), outside of scheduled clases. For A-levels, I did 3 hours max a week and got all A*/As. There's quite a difference.

ReputationRep:
    Kinda true. I don't do nearly enough of this kind of thing but I largely concede that I'm just lazy af, I have loads of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Like most other students....

And they can go to lectures, it's just a case of whether you want to or not. If I'm going out midweek, I probably won't make my 9am the next day. I'd be ridiculously tired, hungover and I'd probably be more productive if I just layed in, missed the lecture and then proceeded with my day as usual.

(Ofcourse, you could just not go out at all)
    That's your own fault then, you can't be bothered to make time for the commitments you're spending £9,000 a year on, to go out, great choice. Then you'll moan you have no idea what's going on at university, how on earth you'll pass this module and that it's all unfair. You can go out and go to lectures; set an alarm like I do. If I go out the night before school, I set an alarm and go to school anyway, because that's a commitment I've made. I still have the time.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    "We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."

Vince Lombardi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblyminty)
    Hm, if the guys are having gay sex with you...they obviously aren't straight are they?
    They are when they have girlfriends and you offer them stupid amounts of money for them to do what you want. Regardless of that, I still have time to write this to you after having had a full day of doing things.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Dude, you do your A Levels, you have so much time in general, university students have it harder. Maybe in that spare time you could find a job or do volunteering for your personal statement? It's something I do, but yeah not everyone has it easy like you.

ReputationRep:
    Summary for anyone too lazy to read OP:

OP is an Alevel student lecturing university students how to use their time effectively

:rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    and now I'm on an exercise bike while writing this.
    Looooooooooool lost it at this lmfao I'm not even mad at OP :toofunny:

u r goals wow

ReputationRep:
    They are when they have girlfriends and you offer them stupid amounts of money for them to do what you want. Regardless of that, I still have time to write this to you after having had a full day of doing things.
    Lol that's hilarious. They have anal just because you pay them? The things people will do for money.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Looooooooooool lost it at this lmfao I'm not even mad at OP :toofunny:

u r goals wow
    I can't stop laughing at this :rofl:

OP, I'm guessing you're the type to start revising an hour before your exams right?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)

OP, I'm guessing you're the type to start revising an hour before your exams right?
    OP might be on an exercise bike but I'm actually fighting a bear as I type this

bask in my greatness :smug:

ReputationRep:
    That's your own fault then, you can't be bothered to make time for the commitments you're spending £9,000 a year on, to go out, great choice. Then you'll moan you have no idea what's going on at university, how on earth you'll pass this module and that it's all unfair. You can go out and go to lectures; set an alarm like I do. If I go out the night before school, I set an alarm and go to school anyway, because that's a commitment I've made. I still have the time.
    Why does it concern you what other people do with their time? I thought you were like, 16? Where exactly are you going out? To the local park for a couple of cans of stella?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblyminty)
    Lol that's hilarious. They have anal just because you pay them? The things people will do for money.
    Welcome to my world. The things people will do for money indeed.

(Original post by Rhythmical)

Not at all; I've done three hours of studying today in total. I have time for things because I use the time available in the day without wasting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    Okay so please tell me when i have time on my thursday for example: Wake up at 7am, get ready, do some exercise in the morning, leave by 8:30, in uni 9-1, working from 1-4 then 5-10pm then come home and have a shower. Do tell me when i'll have time in there to get my uni work done/go shopping/see friends/ect

Don't assume everyone's on your schedule.
    Well theoretically:

If you wake up at 7, did 30 minutes of exercise, had a 10 minute shower and ate breakfast in 20 minutes you'd have half an hour spare. It's not exactly unheard of to get up earlier either.

Your post is a little confusing, are you saying that you work from 1-4 and 5-10? If so that sort of begs the question why are you at uni when you can't afford it without working?

It does amaze me that so many students go straight to uni and then find themselves needing a part time job to support themselves. Why not work for a few years before uni to make yourself financially stable?

I'd also assume this is a more packed day for you. If you're spending 9-1 at uni and most student gets 12 hours per week then 1/3 of your week is packed into Thursday. Meaning you'd have plenty of spare time on other days right? It's perfectly fine to have one busy day where you can't get much done but I doubt this is representative of your entire week. If it were then you wouldn't have the time to be posting about it on TSR

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.