Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"I don't have enough time" is crap, yes you do. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Amazing how you were able to analyse such a thing based on absolutely nothing.

Maybe spent 1 hour watching videos today. Rest of it was food prep, gym and having sex (without having to resort to paying for it).
    I only pay for it when I get bored and want something different; I don't have to pay for it routinely. I don't see why people can't just focus on the thread at hand, rather than throw things at me I've said in other, irrelevant threads. It's very defensive and desperate.

(Original post by _Charlotte15)
    Wow hats off to you.
    I know, right? Totes amazeballs and all that.

ReputationRep:
    > Gets 14 A*s at GCSE
    > Instantly gets a superiority complex
    > Starts lecturing people on how to live their life

OP in a nutshell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    > Gets 14 A*s at GCSE
    > Instantly gets a superiority complex
    > Starts lecturing people on how to live their life

OP in a nutshell
    I had the superiority complex before I got those grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)

ReputationRep:
    14A*? What GCSEs did you take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    14A*? What GCSEs did you take?
    Maths, English language, literature, chemistry, biology, physics, geography, history, economics, computing, electronics, RS, French, German and the further maths certificate.

ReputationRep:
    It's not just students. It amazes me how many people at work claim to be snowed under but really do **** all.

ReputationRep:
    How did your school fit that into the timetable? Though electronics and economics are questionable imo

ReputationRep:
    The reason why students say they "don't have time for cleaning" is because they prioritise their time over studying and other activities that the deem more important than cleaning.

They may say they don't have enough time to clean when they actually do clean.

Everyone does some form of cleaning. Whether it may be clearing the clutter off your desk or hoovering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    How did your school fit that into the timetable? Though electronics and economics are questionable imo
    Why are they questionable? I had some after school lessons and independent study.

ReputationRep:
    Bit irrelevant, but does your mum know you blow random guys and give them a **** load of money? I wonder what she would think of that.
    I'm glad for you that she at least trained you up to be organised and meticulous with your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopy91)
    Bit irrelevant, but does your mum know you blow random guys and give them a **** load of money? I wonder what she would think of that.
    I'm glad for you that she at least trained you up to be organised and meticulous with your time.
    Yes she does know, she doesn't care, she tells me to do what makes me happy. Time mamegment is a great skill, something many people on here seem to lack,

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know Mary Sues existed on TSR...

ReputationRep:
    Yes she does know, she doesn't care, she tells me to do what makes me happy. Time mamegment is a great skill, something many people on here seem to lack,
    Do you suck and swallow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Do you suck and swallow?
    Yes to both, why?

ReputationRep:
    Most people are very lazy.

ReputationRep:
    the replies to this are brutal.... damn

ReputationRep:
    Yes to both, why?
    ... !!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    That's the joy of having long thick hair i spose...If i left it naturally it literally looks like i've been dragged through a hedge backwards and I can't get a brush through it. I do creative writing and this part of the year I don't really have alot to read, it's all creative work for the next set of assignments =)

I spose that's all down to different people, I passed my test when I was 17 so i wouldn't have been able to fill my time with that (all my friends who want to can drive and the ones that don't don't want too currently) and i worked from 16 but you can't really save alot on 4 quid an hour especially when you're paying for clothes and stuff on top, I'm on over £8 now so I try and save all of that.

My mom used to do alot of temp work, so the amount student finance said they'd give me (Which I would've been able to live on) was different to what they actually gave me. They ended up giving me the minimum loan and took my grant off me halfway through the year (because they'd been working on all the wrong tax forms. My dad had somehow linked mine and my sisters, but she went to uni a year before me) so I ended up being assessed on the year my mom was working even though when I went to uni she wasn't. Then they refused to change it. Each year (Although our income hasn't changed) I've somehow been getting less and less loan and they've refused to sort it out or do anything about it even though i know i should be getting more.. .

Tuesdays and Wednesdays i'm in for two hours each, then I try and squeeze in a gym session, do a bit of assignment work if I have time then I'm back to work. I spent all of my weekend doing a project for one of my classes and it's still no where near done.

No i no you're not having a go it's fine =) I'm either working (so I can afford to live and run my car which I use for my job at uni)- After rent I get £3 to live off out of my loan, trying to get my assignments done, in classes or sleeping..don't have alot of time for much else. I've got health conditions as well so I need to get at least 8 hours of sleep otherwise my body isn't properly rested and I struggle to function for the rest of the day (This isn't just i'm a bit lazy and should have some coffee) It's genuine health issues...the medication i'm on for said health issues makes me really drowsy so I struggle getting up earlier because then I haven't had enough sleep.
    I won't suggest you cut your hair, that would be mean and a waste. Still an option of course Arguably though you don't actually have a problem if you don't desperately need to use the time for something else. Of course the time still exists if you later find yourself needing it.

While I don't disagree that that it's difficult to save on £4 an hour, part time work it's also somewhat down to your perspective. Of course it's not much use now, but did you need to spend that money? Did you absolutely need new clothes? I remember working part time, 12 hours a week and coming home with £150-200 a month. I didn't waste the money, opting to save first and spend whatever was left over. Over the course of 6 months or so I had almost £1000 saved, ready for when I started driving lessons. Creating a money buffer is important.

Keep pestering student finance about it. Keep speaking to different people. If you are entitled to a different amount continuously annoying them might eventually get something done.

It sounds like an awful lot of individual unique cimrcumstances that normally wouldn't be an issue but together are causing problems. Ideally you would have waited a few years before going to uni which would alleviate some of the troubles. But hindsight is a wonderful thing. I'm sure you've exhausted your options but have you looked into getting financial support so that you don't have to work, checked to see if you are entitled to any support due to your health condition and so on? Have you looked into alternative medication that doesn't make you drowsy or gotten a second opinion from another doctor? Luckily you're over half way through this year. At least you know the sort of problems you'll face in the future and can work around it.

ReputationRep:
    I only pay for it when I get bored and want something different; I don't have to pay for it routinely. I don't see why people can't just focus on the thread at hand, rather than throw things at me I've said in other, irrelevant threads. It's very defensive and desperate.
    It's simple ad hominem. Your argument is somehow less valid because of you, rather than a flaw with your argument. It's the sort of thing people do when they don't have a counter argument.

That said you're preaching to a lost cause. The people that are capable of good time management generally already are. Those that aren't don't like having their flaws pointed out and aren't going to change, no matter what. There's a very small number of people who will be impacted but they're lost under the masses.

The simple fact is we can't have a society where everyone is able to improve themselves so dramatically. We'd end up with too many chiefs and not enough indians. Trying to help others change themselves is only worthwhile when they want to change. Most people are scared of change and don't want to change. It's usually impossible for one party to understand the others viewpoint.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.