Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"I don't have enough time" is crap, yes you do. Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    900000000000000 claps 4 u )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))) w3ll d0ne yung l0rd u da homie.
    Name:  WELLDONE.png
Views: 38
Size:  167.9 KB

Spoiler:
    Show

Now, on a serious note, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, not everyone can manage their time efficiently and effectively like you. My mother works in a Hospital 5 days a week with hours being 7am till 7pm, by the time she gets home, she is tired af and has no time or energy to do **** and I help her get the **** done that she needs doing, washing, cleaning etc, the fact that you make this ignorant bold statement that "saying I don't have enough time is crap" is pathetic and somewhat reeking pretentiousness lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squirrology)
    900000000000000 claps 4 u )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))) w3ll d0ne yung l0rd u da homie.
    Name:  WELLDONE.png
Views: 38
Size:  167.9 KB

Spoiler:
    Show

Now, on a serious note, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, not everyone can manage their time efficiently and effectively like you. My mother works in a Hospital 7 days a week with hours being 6am till 8pm, by the time she gets home, she is tired af and has no time or energy to do **** and I help her get the **** done that she needs doing, washing, cleaning etc, the fact that you make this ignorant bold statement that "saying I don't have enough time is crap" is pathetic and somewhat reeking pretentiousness lmao

No she doesn't. My sister is a nurse and the most you can work is 60 hours a week after you've signed the form to say you want to work more than 48 hours, under employment law. My sister works 7:30am until 8pm three to five days a week.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    No she doesn't. My sister is a nurse and the most you can work is 60 hours a week after you've signed the form to say you want to work more than 48 hours, under employment law. My sister works 7:30 am until 8 pm three to five days a week.
    Who are you to tell me that she doesn't? My mother has two jobs. One at a hospital and another at a local agency, she works 5 days a week at the hospital. Her original assigned hours at the hospital is 38 hours a week yet the hospital that she works at is on black alert and has short staff & the fact that she cares for her patients she chooses to work extra IN THE LEGAL LIMIT.

ReputationRep:
    Who are you to tell me that she doesn't? My mother has two jobs. One at a hospital and another at a local agency, she works 5 days a week at the hospital and 2 days a week at the agency, or there have been times where she has worked 7 days a week at the hospital. Her original assigned hours at the hospital is 38 hours a week yet the hospital that she works at is on black alert and has short staff & the fact that she cares for her patients she chooses to work extra. Even if it is over the hours you are supposed to work, the hospital are the ones who are dishing out the extra shifts to her.
    If either of the employers found out she was breaking employment law, she would be dismissed for unsafe practice due to too many working hours. The hospital has their own permanent staff records and the agency deals with the time sheets from agency workers, they don't really speak to each other. The hospital trust is one employer and the agency is another, their records for attendance don't mix. The agency is the one she physically phones up and asks for shifts from, not the hospital.

https://www.rcn.org.uk/get-help/rcn-...and-night-work
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Chat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    basically. some people have fuller schedules than him.
    And a better life :nutcase:
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    If either of the employers found out she was breaking employment law, she would be dismissed for unsafe practice due to too many working hours. The hospital has their own permanent staff records and the agency deals with the time sheets from agency workers, they don't really speak to each other. The hospital trust is one employer and the agency is another, their records for attendance don't mix. The agency is the one she physically phones up and asks for shifts from, not the hospital.

https://www.rcn.org.uk/get-help/rcn-...and-night-work
    I must have been unclear, she is working within employment law, why the **** do I have to prove myself to you. The agency job is part-time & it is only on-call and she doesn't work there every week and when she works at the hospital some days she works 7to7 and some days they are half days, I can assure you that she is working under the maximum limit. My original point has ofc been lost. My mother works hard and not everyone has time to do **** in their day like your prestigious *******. THE END.

ReputationRep:
    I must have been unclear, she is working within employment law, why the **** do I have to prove myself to you. The agency job is part-time & it is only on-call and she doesn't work there every week and when she works at the hospital some days she works 7to7 and some days they are half days, I can assure you that she is working under the maximum limit. My original point has ofc been lost. My mother works hard and not everyone has time to do **** in their day like your prestigious *******. THE END.
    You said 7 days a week, that would be well over employment law. The limit encompasses all jobs, it's not doubled if you have two jobs, as the RCN link says.

ReputationRep:
    Admittedly yes, this is somewhat true.

However, it's unfair to generalise everyone just by your personal experiences.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    You said 7 days a week, that would be well over employment law. The limit encompasses all jobs, it's not doubled if you have two jobs, as the RCN link says.
    My mistake. 5 days a week then
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    People, especially students, like to say they don't have enough time to do things like clean, exercise, make meals, study, see friends, shop, etc. These people are not using their time effectively. Wake up an hour early to exercise or clean, do things at set times, be more organised, don't take breaks for hours and hours watching Netflix or sitting on Facebook.

Today I woke up at 6, made breakfast, did an hour of cardio, showered, cleaned my room, vacuumed the house, took the bins out and packed by bag for tomorrow, all before 8. Then I did laundry, ironing and made lunch for tomorrow. I did a couple of hours of studying, went out to do food shopping, put it all away and that came to 2pm. I've had a friend over since then, and now I'm on an exercise bike while writing this. You do have time, stop moaning you don't.
    How am I supposed to get up at 6 when I'm up till 6 browsing memes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    How did your school fit that into the timetable? Though electronics and economics are questionable imo
    I did 15 GCSE's and couldve done up to 17 if i had chosen different subjects, It all fits in 30 lessons a week
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    And just to clarify I didn't imply that I thought it was doubled if it was two jobs tho???? I previously stated that the agency job is PART-TIME, ONLY ON-CALL and IT IS ONLY 1 hours work or even less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stu.dying)
    However, it's unfair to generalise everyone just by your personal experiences.
    While true it is fair to generalise this to students since this is a student forum (and the OP did specify students in the original post). The vast majority of students aren't going to be in exceptionally unique circumstances to warrant the "I don't have time" excuse. So while I agree that it's unfair to generalise, the student generalisation does hold merit here.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh i've found waking up early makes my day much more productive.

ReputationRep:
    And just to clarify I didn't imply that I thought it was doubled if it was two jobs tho???? I previously stated that the agency job is PART-TIME, ONLY ON-CALL and IT IS ONLY 1 hours work or even less.
    Well you said 7 days a week, the most nurses can legally work is 60 hours a week. Nurses don't get paid for their break, so if they do 5 days of 7:30am until 8pm, that's 11.5*5 which is 57.5 hours of work, under the limit. If they tried to do another day in that week they'd break employment law and put the patients at risk for being overworked. In your original post you claimed your mother worked 14 hour days (6am until 8pm), 7 days a week, massively over the employment law limit.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Not even sure where to start on this one.

You can't judge everyone based on your individual experiences. If you're still at school? Great! Don't need to work to support yourself or your folks? Fab. Aren't battling with an illness that seriously impacts your life? Aren't supporting sick or diabled family members, or raising children? Don't have other commitments or people/groups of people relying on you? Don't have to spend hours travelling back and forth from college/uni/work/other commitments? Then that's lucky for you.
    But other people do. These things and 1000 more. And it doesn't make you any better than anyone else because you don't have these things, and manage to fit different things into your schedule.
    Like most people on here (without going into specifics) my life sounds very, very different from the way you describe yours. I have a manic schedule (a well planned one btw ) and get loads done, but I certainly don't always fit everything in. Sometimes the washing doesn't get done. Sometimes, I miss a night at one of the places I volunteer. Sometimes, dinner for everyone is whatever can be thrown together from what's left in the cupboard, if it happens at all. Sometime, work for my course or planning for a meeting or notes for a training course get done the night before they're needed, and all nighters get pulled. I sometimes have to cancel plans with friends. I don't get to exercise or read for pleasure or practice my music nearly as much as I'd like. And so on and so on.
    Now I'm not saying that this makes either of us worse/better etc. We're all different. And that's the point here. You can't and shouldn't judge other people based on how your life is.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Your life isn't the same as everyone elses. I volunteer once a week. By the time I get up there, do my bit and come home again, that's my Saturday morning gone. I'm also disabled. I live alone. So, unlike a lot of you, I've got to either do the housework or get someone to help me do it. And then there's the other things I do, like hobbies. And then there's the endless medical appointments, which depending on the hospital department, can take (including travel time) anything up to 2 hours.

Just because you have time to get everything done, doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Most of you on this website are students and not adults who actually have things like housework, shopping and other boring chores to do.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Well you said 7 days a week, the most nurses can legally work is 60 hours a week. Nurses don't get paid for their break, so if they do 5 days of 7:30am until 8pm, that's 11.5*5 which is 57.5 hours of work, under the limit. If they tried to do another day in that week they'd break employment law and put the patients at risk for being overworked. In your original post you claimed your mother worked 14 hour days (6am until 8pm), 7 days a week, massively over the employment law limit.
    My mother isn't a Nurse, she's a Practitioner and I mean (She leaves for work at 6) starts at 7:30am to 7:30pm (leaves work at this time, and gets home at 8) on a three day period which is 38 hours & if her work gives her overtime then it's only 12-4. I said I wasn't clear on my original post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Your life isn't the same as everyone elses. I volunteer once a week. By the time I get up there, do my bit and come home again, that's my Saturday morning gone. I'm also disabled. I live alone. So, unlike a lot of you, I've got to either do the housework or get someone to help me do it. And then there's the other things I do, like hobbies. And then there's the endless medical appointments, which depending on the hospital department, can take (including travel time) anything up to 2 hours.

Just because you have time to get everything done, doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Most of you on this website are students and not adults who actually have things like housework, shopping and other boring chores to do.
    I agree with you!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.