Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer from Plymouth University a DAY after they sent me a confirmation that they got my application. It was so fast that I thought it was bots who have accepted me lol!

Well, whoever sees this and whenever, are you by any chance doing this course as well for 2017? I have yet to set foot inside the university but I plan on doing that hopefully in their next applicant day on 25th Feb.

Thanks for reading!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tefzors)
    I got an unconditional offer from Plymouth University a DAY after they sent me a confirmation that they got my application. It was so fast that I thought it was bots who have accepted me lol!

Well, whoever sees this and whenever, are you by any chance doing this course as well for 2017? I have yet to set foot inside the university but I plan on doing that hopefully in their next applicant day on 25th Feb.

Thanks for reading!
    Hello,
    Well done!! I'm going to the Applicant Day in the 25th of Feb too, to look at English and creative writing! good luck for your course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.leigh)
    Hello,
    Well done!! I'm going to the Applicant Day in the 25th of Feb too, to look at English and creative writing! good luck for your course!
    thanks, i shall be going there soon

today i actually went past the uni - i went to plymouth to see plymouth college of art but shhhhhhh dont let the student union of plymouth univerisity see this xD

going on the 25th feb to the open event as well, to decide fully on what course i want to do

ReputationRep:
    thanks, i shall be going there soon

today i actually went past the uni - i went to plymouth to see plymouth college of art but shhhhhhh dont let the student union of plymouth univerisity see this xD

going on the 25th feb to the open event as well, to decide fully on what course i want to do
    Haha, I'm sure they won't mind too much xD.
    That's cool though! I haven't actually been to Plymouth yet so I'm excited to see what it's like, I've heard it's lovely so!😋☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.leigh)
    Haha, I'm sure they won't mind too much xD.
    That's cool though! I haven't actually been to Plymouth yet so I'm excited to see what it's like, I've heard it's lovely so!😋☺️
    plymouth is a good city, been there many times as its like a 45 min drive away from where i live

ReputationRep:
    plymouth is a good city, been there many times as its like a 45 min drive away from where i live
    That's so lucky! I'm like a 3 and a half hour drive away

ReputationRep:
    Ive been accepted to do Film & TV Production too Im nervous because I am new to the subject its just something Im really interested in doing. I havent decided yet if Im going to an applicant day, I have a few questions I want to ask but I dont know if I'll be able to make it
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aiddyc)
    Ive been accepted to do Film & TV Production too Im nervous because I am new to the subject its just something Im really interested in doing. I havent decided yet if Im going to an applicant day, I have a few questions I want to ask but I dont know if I'll be able to make it

Hi Aiddyc

If you have some questions about the uni generally you wanted to ask I'd be more than happy to answer them, I studied here for four years so know loads about Plymouth University

If there's more course related info you would like to know and you won't be able to make it to an Applicant Day then I would pop an email to [email protected] and ask them to get in touch with a student ambassador from your course or one of the academics who'll be able to get you some more info.

Let me know if I can help in any way!

All the best

Georgia
    Plym Uni Student Rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plymouth University)
    Hi Aiddyc

If you have some questions about the uni generally you wanted to ask I'd be more than happy to answer them, I studied here for four years so know loads about Plymouth University

If there's more course related info you would like to know and you won't be able to make it to an Applicant Day then I would pop an email to [email protected] and ask them to get in touch with a student ambassador from your course or one of the academics who'll be able to get you some more info.

Let me know if I can help in any way!

All the best

Georgia
    Plym Uni Student Rep
    Hey, thank you very much for the help I was just wondering if I could instead go to an open day as I'd be able to make one of those, would I have the opportunity to speak to somebody about the course at an open day? If not I'll make sure to send an email
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aiddyc)
    Hey, thank you very much for the help I was just wondering if I could instead go to an open day as I'd be able to make one of those, would I have the opportunity to speak to somebody about the course at an open day? If not I'll make sure to send an email
    Hey again Aiddyc,

Yes, you'd have at an Open Day.

There will be ambassadors from a range of courses to talk to and there will also be subject talks you can attend that are usually followed by a Q&A session with the teaching staff. If there isn't a Q&A straight after they will have a drop in session at some point during the day to go and find out more.

You can email closer to the time and find out the details of which staff members will be there and what time. If you register the Open Day programme will get sent to you and you'll be able to find out more in there.

Hope this helps

Georgia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plymouth University)
    Hey again Aiddyc,

Yes, you'd have at an Open Day.

There will be ambassadors from a range of courses to talk to and there will also be subject talks you can attend that are usually followed by a Q&A session with the teaching staff. If there isn't a Q&A straight after they will have a drop in session at some point during the day to go and find out more.

You can email closer to the time and find out the details of which staff members will be there and what time. If you register the Open Day programme will get sent to you and you'll be able to find out more in there.

Hope this helps

Georgia
    Thats great! Thank you very much for all the help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.