Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help to structure a good diet Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I want to start eating healthy as I'm pretty much a fatass and ive been noticing the amount of fastfood ive been eating for the past 2 weeks
    I want to stop and eat something healthier and also help lose a few £s

Im asain(bengali) so my current daily diet never misses out on curry and rice, (im a curry muncher)

Please can you help me produce a good diet, (currently in GCSEs and dont want to start gym before it)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    75% of your diet should be fresh and nutrient dense foods, such as wholegrains, fruit, veg and lean meats.

An example of a healthy diet could be:

Breakfast: Porridge with fruit
    Lunch: Grilled lean meat, starchy carb, vegetables
    Dinner: Grilled lean meat, rice/ potato, vegetables
    Snacks: Fresh fruits and nuts

Also I am sure you know this, South asians are one of the ethnic groups who are highest at risk from heart disease and diabetes. This is due to the diet. Lots of fried things and curry. Cut back on those. Limit your curry to once or twice a week max.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeas.corpus)
    75% of your diet should be fresh and nutrient dense foods, such as wholegrains, fruit, veg and lean meats.

An example of a healthy diet could be:

Breakfast: Porridge with fruit
    Lunch: Grilled lean meat, starchy carb, vegetables
    Dinner: Grilled lean meat, rice/ potato, vegetables
    Snacks: Fresh fruits and nuts

Also I am sure you know this, South asians are one of the ethnic groups who are highest at risk from heart disease and diabetes. This is due to the diet. Lots of fried things and curry. Cut back on those. Limit your curry to once or twice a week max.
    Thank you for you advice,
    During lunch, I am school, I take packed lunch so what would you recommend to take instead of meat, carb, veg/

can fruit and fibre cereals replace porridge with fruit

lastly, curry lasts like 2-3 days before having to make another one, is there anything similar.

thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangekyoumusa)
    Thank you for you advice,
    During lunch, I am school, I take packed lunch so what would you recommend to take instead of meat, carb, veg/

can fruit and fibre cereals replace porridge with fruit

lastly, curry lasts like 2-3 days before having to make another one, is there anything similar.

thanks again
    Cereals generally aren't good for you. And porridge is very filling and low in fat. It releases energy slowly and lowers cholesterol. The NHS recommends it as an ideal food for good health.

Unfortunately I don't think you can find a similar replacement to curry. It tastes amazing but it's full of fat and salt. Those are two things you are going to have to massively cut back on if you want to slim down and lose weight!

For lunch at school you could make a sandwhich. Use wholemea bread. Put in some lettuce, cucumber, rocket, tomato or wahetebr veg you like. And then some slices of ham, chicken or whatever lean meat. On the side you could add a few vegetable sticks and fresh fruit. Quinoa salad, pasta salad or potato salad would be good carb options too. Low fat and will keep you full.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could try a healthier curry recipe. I make my curry from scratch which and contains very little salt, fat and oil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeas.corpus)
    Cereals generally aren't good for you. And porridge is very filling and low in fat. It releases energy slowly and lowers cholesterol. The NHS recommends it as an ideal food for good health.

Unfortunately I don't think you can find a similar replacement to curry. It tastes amazing but it's full of fat and salt. Those are two things you are going to have to massively cut back on if you want to slim down and lose weight!

For lunch at school you could make a sandwhich. Use wholemea bread. Put in some lettuce, cucumber, rocket, tomato or wahetebr veg you like. And then some slices of ham, chicken or whatever lean meat. On the side you could add a few vegetable sticks and fresh fruit. Quinoa salad, pasta salad or potato salad would be good carb options too. Low fat and will keep you full.
    Ok, understood

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Cool.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.