Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you don't shop at aldi or lidl, why? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Usually go to Lidl over Aldi 'cause you can get fresh bread and pastries from the bakery in-store, get a few bits from Morrisons as well.

I don't know why anyone would really care about the "experience". It's food shopping not a leisure activity.

ReputationRep:
    ain't got any near my house

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshale)
    I have the money, probably more than you but I don't like wasting it on things that are hell lot cheaper. Chavs lol, only if you're in a rundown area, as my aldi carpark is starting to be full of luxurious cars, but if you like to be ignorant then sure
    LOL 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Shop at Asdas. Normally get Asdas own brand, smart price. Hence, quite cheap and taste good.
    Aldi has too long queues and it's really cramped, the till staffage is also an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    There was a TV show exposing Aldi a few months back. Plus i hate aldi in general, some of their produce isn't up to scratch. A friend of mine found a dead wasp in their peas.
    Fo you know what the show was called? I really want to see it. Someone else told me about it but I fail to remember who
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Fo you know what the show was called? I really want to see it. Someone else told me about it but I fail to remember who
    Aldis supermarket secrets I think
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Because there is several Tesco stores near me lol, I do shop in Lidl occasionally but they don't have everything I need and require.

ReputationRep:
    Aldis supermarket secrets I think
    ??? Exposing them for what?

I'm gonna check it out
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    ??? Exposing them for what?

I'm gonna check it out
    It wasn't really that deep but they exposed how they sellout of date produce and chuck food everywhere etc

ReputationRep:
    There's tesco literally everywhere and that sucks! I have 4 tesco's that are 2-5 minutes away from me. Aldi is the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssst . Cheap and good quality.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Because TESCO is less than a 15 minute walk away and lidl/aldi are more than a 15 minute drive away... And I don't have a car.

ReputationRep:
    Because Tesco is across the road.

ReputationRep:
    There is isn't one close to me, I can't always get what I want in them, I don't like them, and I spend £20-25 max a week shopping at Asda.

ReputationRep:
    It worries me that they're so cheap, esp on things like meat! They're either doing a bad turn with the farmers, and not paying what they deserve, or they're putting something in the meat to make it stretch....I prefer to pay more and know that it's real meat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I shop at Tesco and Sainsbury's because there's hardly any Lidl's/Aldis near me.
    Unlucky LIDL is amazing

ReputationRep:
    I shop in a bunch of different shops as I'm lucky enough to have a lot of variety of shops at a convenient distance to me.

I think fresh produce quality really depends on store to store as opposed to the chain as whole though. I often hear a lot of people say aldi or lidl sell rotten fruit and veg, something I have never experienced. Whereas twice in this past week I have found rotten veg in my two nearest Tescos, it's just poor stock rotation.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The nearest one is too far away. Otherwise I'd be all over it.

ReputationRep:
    tesco is closer and there's several of em around

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't really that deep but they exposed how they sellout of date produce and chuck food everywhere etc
    I got some old chicken breast once. Should I sue?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    I got some old chicken breast once. Should I sue?
    No point. They just apologise and do **** all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.