The Student Room Group

If you don't shop at aldi or lidl, why?

Scroll to see replies

Went in an Aldi once and thought it was so dodgy. Plus my friend gave me some of her Aldi broccoli the other week and I didn't rate it at all. I was actually surprised at the quality compared to my usual Sainsburys broccoli.
Neither are in my area. Usually shop at Morrison's :smile: Probably be Coop when I move out of halls in July because it'll be closer and we get 10% off with student cards.
Reply 62
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Went in an Aldi once and thought it was so dodgy. Plus my friend gave me some of her Aldi broccoli the other week and I didn't rate it at all. I was actually surprised at the quality compared to my usual Sainsburys broccoli.

What was the difference?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do the bulk of my shopping at Tesco because it's the most convenient. However because I am a vegan I like to try products I hear about so I will occasionally do an afternoon tour of other places! I personally don't rate the shelf life of the Lidl veg I've bought, I don't think their labelling system is clear enough to know which is the freshest produce and their stock rotation seems poor. I love the coop as they are really good at labelling vegan products.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by misstiah_h
You can save a lot of time shopping online for groceries, which is something that Aldi or Lidl don't offer. Some people's time and convenience is more important than saving a few quid

I think aldi and lidl should maybe start offering this. I think it would prove popular, especially seeing as both aldi and lidl growing in popularity anyway. Even iceland do home delivery.
They are horrible shops. I don't need to save for saving's sake. They are not always that great quality.

Saying that, we do shop at Lidl for certain items that they just offer at a much lower price.
Reply 66
Original post by yudothis
They are horrible shops. I don't need to save for saving's sake. They are not always that great quality.

Saying that, we do shop at Lidl for certain items that they just offer at a much lower price.

Of course not, if you're 17 and most likely don't pay rent. But when you're living in London and saving for a mortgage, something simple as switching supermarkets, does help quite a bit:wink:
Original post by Joshale
Of course not, if you're 17 and most likely don't pay rent. But when you're living in London and saving for a mortgage, something simple as switching supermarkets, does help quite a bit:wink:

I am not 17 and I pay rent...but as I said I do not need to save for saving's sake,
Agree completely, I really can't be doing with a bunfight at either store!Also the
Original post by Dollycake20
Agree completely, I really can't be doing with a bunfight at either store!Also the

Terribly sorry to be quite so blunt towards you as regards your first post but it's recommended that you don't bump old threads.
Make a new one if you feel your point is important.:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest