Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Applied for college not too long ago and I already want to change one of my subjects Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I thought I could do A-Level maths but I'm only mediocre even at GCSE level, so I realised doing it at A-Level is a stupid idea. I've already applied, been to the interview, received and accepted my offer. But now I want to change it to philosophy. How do I change it? I'm really panicking right now. Please give me some advice.

ReputationRep:
    I changed one of my subjects a few weeks in, they're normally fine for people to change in the first few weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YasudaSayo)
    I thought I could do A-Level maths but I'm only mediocre even at GCSE level, so I realised doing it at A-Level is a stupid idea. I've already applied, been to the interview, received and accepted my offer. But now I want to change it to philosophy. How do I change it? I'm really panicking right now. Please give me some advice.
    You act like an adult, call them and explain. It's really not a massive chore for them to take you off the maths timetable and put you in for something else. You're making a massive fuss over absolutely nothing; they're not going to withdraw their offer because you want to change a subject.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry it's completely fine, they don't hold you to your subjects. Your initial application is only for the college to get an idea of how many people want to study each course.

At your enrollment after results day you'll have the chance to completely change your mind (I did), so don't worry.

Even after you can switch subjects until about 5 weeks into term, it's nothing to stress about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    You act like an adult, call them and explain. It's really not a massive chore for them to take you off the maths timetable and put you in for something else. You're making a massive fuss over absolutely nothing; they're not going to withdraw their offer because you want to change a subject.
    why do you have to answer so maliciously? they were just asking a question like this person is probably 15/16 years old calm down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypnotismm)
    why do you have to answer so maliciously? they were just asking a question like this person is probably 15/16 years old calm down
    The world is a malicious place, with no room for making incredible dramas out of literally nothing. The sooner this person realises this, the better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    The world is a malicious place, with no room for making incredible dramas out of literally nothing. The sooner this person realises this, the better.
    ok fun police

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypnotismm)
    ok fun police
    Somebody has to be the fun police. I enjoy it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.